How to Apply for VA Education Benefits

Current Students


  • Submit a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility or complete and submit a copy of the Veterans on-line application (VONAPP) to the School Certifying Official

  • Submit a copy of your most recent DD-214

Dependent or Spouse:

Vocational Rehabilitation:

  • Complete the Veterans on-line application (VONAPP). Upon approval, you must make an appointment to see a VA Vocational Rehabilitation counselor. The VA Vocational Rehabilitation counselor will send the VA form 28-1905 (authorization) to the School Certifying Official.

Return all documents to:

UTC Records
Office of Military and Veteran Affairs
615 McCallie Avenue
117 University Center
Chattanooga, TN 37403
423-425-2172 (fax)