State Military Tuition Assistance
TN STRONG Act Tuition Reimbursement Program
The Tennessee STRONG (Support, Training, and Renewing Opportunity for National Guardsmen) Act establishes a pilot program to provide eligible members of the Tennessee National Guard tuition funding toward a first time bachelor degree for the next four years through a tuition reimbursement program. The STRONG Act provides educational opportunities for those who protect and serve our state and country and supports the Drive to 55 goal of equipping 55 percent of Tennesseans with a degree or certificate by 2025.
- Up to 120 credit hours or 8 semesters
- Work towards an associate’s or first bachelor’s degree
- Eligible to apply upon successful completion of basic training
Student Step-by-Step Guide
- Notify the Center for Military and Veterans Affairs (in UC Room 117 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org) of your intent to use TN STRONG Act at UTC
- Complete TN STRONG Act application packet, all except for Enrollment Certification (Section V) Form
- Submit TN STRONG Act Tuition Reimbursement Authorization Release Form to the Center for Military and Veterans Affairs
- Pick up Enrollment Certification (Section V) Form from Bursars Office (UC Room 274)
- Within 90 days from the end of the semester, submit completed TN STRONG Act application to your unit/squadron commander for review and recommendation
- Once application is signed by commander, submit the following items by email to your
state tuition assistance manager:
- Completed TN STRONG Act application
- UTC transcript
- Degree plan (after 9 earned credit hours)
- After semester has ended, complete and submit section VII-billing summary form, final transcript, and itemized bill to state tuition assistance manager for approval
For help with obtaining UTC documentation, view this Guide
8. Once reimbursement is approved, payment will be made to UTC Bursars Office and you will be notified if or once payment has generated a refund for disbursement.
If you need additional assistance, please contact the Center for Military and Veterans Affairs.