Active Duty


If you are called to active military service while attending courses at UTC, the following guidelines should be followed:

  1. Submit a copy of military orders to the Records Office, Center for Military and Veterans' Affairs, prior to leave.
  2. Notify all instructors of your call to active military service to discuss available options for course completion. For example, you might discuss the possibility of receiving incomplete(s), final grade/credit(s); or for a short leave of absence, arrange to make-up coursework at a later date. 
  3. You also have the option to elect to officially withdraw from course(s) or officially withdraw from the University. UTC's withdrawal policy and procedures can be found on the Records Office Page.

*If you are using Department of Veterans Affairs or Tuition Assistance educational benefits, please contact VA School Certifying Official to discuss the possible financial impact.

*If you are unable to complete guidelines prior to leave, please contact the Records Office at your first opportunity, but before the conclusion of the semester.