Purchase Order Terms and Conditions
- THE PURCHASE ORDER: Furnish the items specified in full accordance with these conditions, any conditions
printed on the purchase order, and any other attachment made a part of the order.
- IDENTIFICATION OF ORDER: The purchase order number must appear on all invoices, correspondence, containers,
shipping papers, and packing lists.
- CORRESPONDENCE: All correspondence pertaining to this order must be addressed as follows:
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
Purchasing Department Dept 4104
Chattanooga, Tennessee 37403
- BILLING INSTRUCTIONS:
- Mail your invoice(s) to the "Bill To" address shown on the front of the purchase order.
Invoice in duplicate within 5 days after shipment of material. (Additional copies
of the invoice may be requested on occasion)
- Each shipment must be covered by a separate invoice. (unless otherwise requested).
- Render invoices for returnable containers, stating terms and conditions for return.
- TAXES: Do not include federal excise or state sales tax on tangible personal property on
your invoices. The University of Tennessee is exempt from both of these taxes. If
an exemption certificate is required, please so state on your invoice and the appropriate
Exemption Certification will be mailed to you with our remittance. Successful Bidder/Contractor/Vendor
must pay taxes on materials used in the completion of this contract including any
materials purchased by the University but used by the contractor when those materials
become a part of the real property. All taxes are to be itemized.
- DISCOUNTS: Discount time will be computed from date of the delivery to FOB point, or from the
date correct invoices are received, whichever is later. Discounts shall apply to the
total amount, unless freight charges are itemized separately.
- WARRANTY: In addition to any other warranty, the Vendor warrants that the items delivered
hereunder shall be free from all defects in material and workmanship and shall comply
with all the requirements of this order for a period of ninety (90) days from the
date such supplies are delivered. Extended warranties beyond this period apply when
specifically shown on the order. Any attempt to change, add, modify, or delete any
warranty provision, (including change by use of package labeling or inserts) will
not be binding on the University unless it is agreed to in writing.
- PACKING LIST: A detailed packing list showing the purchase order number must accompany all shipments.
- ASSIGNMENT: The vendor shall not assign any monies due or to become due under the order without
the previous written consent of the University.
- INSPECTION: All items purchased are subject to inspection and rejection upon receipt by the
University. Rejected items may be returned at the vendor's expense or charges paid
by the University in returning rejected items shall be reimbursed by the vendor. The
University's count shall be final and conclusive on all shipments not accompanied
by a packing ticket. In addition to its right to return rejected items, the University
may notify the vendor of damages or deficiencies, and if not repaired or corrected
by the vendor within ten (10) days after receipt of notice, or such additional time
as may be mutually agreed to by the University and the vendor, the University shall
have the right to correct any damages, defects, insufficiencies or improprieties and
do any other work necessary to put the items in condition for the use intended. The
cost of such correction shall be deducted from monies due the vendor under this order.
- F.O.B. POINT: All shipments are to be FOB delivered to The University of Tennessee, Chattanooga,
Tennessee (unless another FOB point is stated by the University on the order).
- LOSS OR DAMAGE IN TRANSIT: When shipping FOB University, delivery by vendor to a common carrier does not constitute
delivery to the University. Any claim for loss or damage incurred during delivery
shall be between the vendor and the carrier. The University accepts title only after
receipt at the FOB delivery point. The receiving department shall note all damages
on the freight bill. The vendor shall replace the damaged merchandise or be subject
to damages for breach of contract. If damage is to a small portion of the total shipment
and the University will not be inconvenienced because of this shortage, the vendor
may be permitted by the Purchasing Department to deduct the amount of damage or loss
from his invoice, in lieu of replacement.
- CHANGES: The University may at any time by written instructions make changes, within the
general scope of the order, in any one or more of the following: (1) quantity (2)
specifications; (3) method of shipment or packing; and (4) place of delivery. If any
such change causes an increase or decrease in the cost of and/or the time required
for the performance of the order, an equitable adjustment shall be made in the order
price and/or delivery schedule and the order shall be modified in writing accordingly.
Any claim by the vendor for adjustment under this paragraph must be asserted within
thirty (30) days of receipt of the notification of change. The University, if it decides
that the facts justify such action, may receive and act upon any such claim asserted
at any time prior to final payment under the order. Except as otherwise provided,
no attempt by either party to waive, change, delete, add or otherwise alter any term
and condition of the order shall be effective unless it is agreed to in writing by
- PAYMENTS: Payment to the vendor will be processed, upon the submission of invoices, at the
prices stipulated on the purchase order for items delivered and accepted or services
rendered, less deductions, if any. Unless otherwise specified, partial payments will
not be made.
- VARIATION IN QUANTITIES: Except for printing requirements or unless otherwise specified, any variation in
the quantities called for, not exceeding 5 percent, will be accepted as compliance
with the order when caused by conditions of loading, shipping, packing or allowances
in manufacturing processes, and payments shall be adjusted accordingly. Quantity variations
for printing requirements shall not exceed the stated quantity by more than plus or
minus (+ or -) three (3) percent (%).
- CANCELLATION OF ORDER: The University reserves the right to cancel the order or any part thereof without
penalty, if the vendor fails to comply with the terms and conditions of the transaction,
or fails to fulfill the requirements with promptness and diligence, or fails to make
shipment within the time agreed upon, except for causes beyond the vendor's control.
- ERRORS: In case of error in calculation or typing, the quoted unit price will be used as
the basis for correction of the purchase order.
- CONTROLLING DOCUMENTS: Where applicable, the purchase order is subject to all terms and conditions which
comprise the University's request for quotations, unless an exception is taken by
the vendor to which the University has concurred in writing. The University specifically
rejects any terms contained on vendor's quotation form which may be in conflict with
the conditions of the request for quotation or applicable statute.
- EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: In connection with the execution of the order, the vendor shall not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, sex, color, religion,
national origin, age, disability or veteran status. The vendor shall take affirmative
action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during their
employment, without regard to their race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age,
disability or veteran status. Such action shall include, but not be limited to the
following: Employment, upgrading, demotion, or transfer, recruitment or recruitment
advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, and
selection for training, including apprenticeship.
- AFFIRMATIVE ACTION CLAUSE CONCERNING EMPLOYMENT OF THE DISABLED: By accepting the order (if it exceeds $2500) the vendor agrees, as required by federal
law, that he will not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of physical
or mental disability.
- UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE EEO/AA STATEMENT: UT is an EEO/AA/Title IX/Section 504/ADA employer. The University of Tennessee does
not discriminate on the basis of sex or disability in the education programs and activities
which it operates.
- VETERANS AFFIRMATIVE ACTION CLAUSE: The University of Tennessee conforms to all applicable rules, regulations and relevant
orders of the Secretary of Labor. Affirmative action clauses and supporting regulations
are incorporated by reference. 41 C.F.R. 60:1,4 Sections 60-250.22, 60-741.22 and
41 C.F.R. 61-250.10. Subsequent supplements shall always prevail.
PDF Format (printer friendly)