- Dr. John Friedl
- Professor Emeritus
- Political Science & Public Service
- Ph.D., University of California at Berkeley, 1971; J.D., The University of Michigan, 1985
- Constitutional Law
- First Amendment
- Education Law
- Business Law
- Legal issues in higher education
- Constitutional law
- The Influence of the Gender and Race of the Judge and the Type of Discrimination Charge on Court Case Outcomes. International Journal of Law and Management, 2013.
- Grading Standards and Student Performance in Community College and University Courses. College Student Journal, 2012.
- U.S. Employment Discrimination Cases: Does Race/Gender Matter? Equality, Diversity and Inclusion: An International Journal, 2010.
- The 2008 Amendments to the Americans with Disabilities Act: Implications for Student Affairs Practitioners. Journal of Student Affairs Research and Practice, 2010.
Professional Awards and Memberships
- University of Tennessee National Alumni Association Teacher of the Year, 2007-2008
- Admitted to the Michigan Bar, 1986
- Admitted to practice: U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan; U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit