Grade Scantron Tests
- All tests are graded on 100 point scale. For example, if you have a 20 question test, each question will be worth 5 points.
- Each key can only have one answer per question
- If a question’s answer is left blank on the key sheet, any answer the student provides will be counted as a correct answer.
- Each Scantron sheet must have a unique 9-digit reference number. All 9 digits must
- If two or more student Scantron sheets have the same reference number, the Scantron sheets will be returned to the instructor ungraded.
- Sheets with the Reference Number not marked correctly will be returned to the instructor ungraded
- During the weeks of midterms and finals, tests will require more time than usual to grade, due to the higher volume of requests.
- The blue Scantron Form EM-292016-1 is the only Scantron form currently supported
- This form can be purchased in the UTC Bookstore
- Scantrons must be filled out using a #2 pencil. Ink pens will not work.
- All tests must be accompanied with a test key sheet
- The key must have all “9s” marked in the “Reference Number” block
- The key should have the instructor’s name and email in their respective fields
- The key is the only sheet to be marked with all “9s”.
- Each student Scantron sheet must have a unique 9-digit number in the “Reference Number”
- The identifier number must be 9 digits long
- Do not use the UTC ID as the unique identifier
- Bring the completed Scantron tests and the test key sheet to Hooper 205
- Fill out the Blue Test Grading Log book located in the Testing Office.
- Place the completed Scantron tests in the locked drop-off box located in the Testing Office.
- Pick up the graded Scantron tests in the ‘Graded Tests’ bin after they have been graded.
- You should receive an email with test results within 24 hours of drop-off unless otherwise noted.
- Tests that are not picked up in a timely manner will be mailed to the professor.
- Sign your tests out in the Blue Test Grading Log book after picking them up.