Information for Students
Clinical education is an exciting and educational part of the curriculum.
The Director of Clinical Education will post a list of available sites for each clinical experience. Students will submit preferences before assignments are completed. Coursework preparing students for clinical education will occur the semester preceding each of the experiences.
Clinical Education Syllabi
- PHYT 7133- Clinical Education I -summer semester, year 1, Outpatient Orthopedics
- PHYT 7231- Clinical Education II- summer semester, year 2, Acute Care
- PHYT 7232 - Clinical Education III- summer semester, year 2, Neurorehab
- PHYT 7332- Clinical Internship- spring semester, year 3, Variety of Settings
- To participate in any clinical education experience, students must have personal health insurance, criminal background checks, liability insurance through the University, CPR certification, and completion of all immunization and health requirements.
- PT Department Student Medical History, Immunization and Physical Form
- The assessment tool utilized during all clinical education experiences is the APTA's Web Clinical Performance Instrument. In addition to the clinical instructor's assessment, students will complete a self-assessment at mid-term and final. Completion of a 90 minute online training module is required before initial access to the instrument will be allowed. For more information, please refer to the APTA instructions.
- Students will provide the clinical site, center coordinator of clinical education, and the clinical instructor with feedback using the APTA Physical Therapist Student Evaluation: Clinical Experience and Clinical Instruction Form.