Information for Clinical Sites and Clinical Instructors
Clinical Education Syllabi
- PHYT 7133- Clinical Education I -summer semester, year 1, Outpatient Orthopedics
- PHYT 7231- Clinical Education II- summer semester, year 2, Acute Care
- PHYT 7232 - Clinical Education III- summer semester, year 2, Neurorehab
- PHYT 7332- Clinical Internship- spring semester, year 3, Variety of Settings
- Clinical Education Policies
- Sample Contract
- UTC DPT Curriculum
- APTA Guidelines for Clinical Education
- Tennessee Board of Physical Therapy Policy on Performing Dry Needling
- All physical therapy programs are encouraged to send annual clinical calendar requests to sites beginning March 1 of each year. Once the responses are received, the UTC assignments are generally completed in early October.
- All students will be assessed using the APTA's Clinical Performance Instrument. For more information, please refer to the APTA instructions for appropriate use of the tool.
- Students will provide the clinical site, center coordinator of clinical education, and the clinical instructor with feedback using the APTA Physical Therapist Student Evaluation: Clinical Experience and Clinical Instruction Form.
- The students need to review facility information prior to participating in the clinical education experience. Clinical sites need to update the APTA Clinical Site Information Form annually.
- Link to electronic CSIF
- The State of Tennessee requires on-site supervision of PT students to be provided by a licensed physical therapist with a minimum of one year of experience. For reimbursement and student supervision related questions, please refer to the APTA web site. Contact Carolyn-Padalino@utc.edu for assistance.
- Reimbursement of Student Provided Services-Medicare Part B
- We strongly encourage our clinical instructors to complete the APTA Credential Clinical Instructor Program. The department offers this course at least twice each year.