Information for Accepted Students
Accepted students must also apply to the UTC Graduate School using the UTC Graduate School Application
Information on tuition, scholarships and financial aid may be found under the Current Students tab.
Admission Contingencies - Accepted applicants must achieve the following for program matriculation:
- Earn a bachelor’s degree from a regionally-accredited institution prior to beginning the professional program. Degree completion is not required to apply.
- Maintain a minimum of 3.2/4.0 cumulative and science prerequisite GPA.
- Provide evidence of completing all twelve program prerequisites with a minimum grade of "C" prior to entering the professional program.
- Manually update fall course grades and In Progress courses in PTCAS. Provide a copy of all updated transcripts to PTCAS by the Academic Update deadline. Instructions for PTCAS Academic Update can be found on the PTCAS web site.
- Submit updated transcripts for fall and spring courses to the UTC Graduate School by June 1 and also in August, if taking summer courses. Do not send spring transcripts to PTCAS.
Proof of first aid and CPR certification
Admitted students must show proof of having previously completed a First Aid course as well as a CPR course. (Current certification is not necessary. ) Entering students will be re-certified in August as part of orientation.
Immunization and Health Forms
Information on required forms may be found here. Accepted students must complete and submit the UTC Certificate of Immunization (proof of measles vaccination) before they will be permitted to register for coursework.
Criminal Background Checks
Our department requires criminal background checks and/or drug tests for all accepted students in order to verify an individual’s suitability to participate in experiential education rotations and to ensure patient safety. Do not complete a background check until you are requested to do so by the DPT program.