Contact our IT Coordinator at Rodger-Ling@utc.edu
You may call or text to cell phone listed in the class in UTCLearn at any reasonable hour. Please be sure to identify yourself if texting.
UTC Central IT operates a 24/7 support line at 423-425-4000.
Blackboard (old system)
UTC is moving all courses to the CANVAS system in Fall 2019. Some courses (including RN-BSN Gateway) will be taught in Canvas starting in the summer.
- Logging into UTC Learn: 2 minute video.
- Note: UTC Online is now known as UTC Learn, direct link (works even if UTC systems are down: utclearn.blackboard.com)
- Overview/Navigation: video tour (6 min)
- Discussion Boards: handout
- Submitting Written Assignments: handout (4 min)
- Other UTC Learn Student Tutorials and Resources (campus-wide, not Nursing specific)
- Faculty only: Adding Users, Export/Import Classes
- Zoom for students handout
- Zoom host a meeting handout
- Create Zoom Account to host a meeting: link
- "Test Link" for Zoom testing: https://tennessee.zoom.us/j/244275999
- Overview: video (5 min)
- Google Gmail Tutorials: website
- Receive on Smartphone: website
- Forward to A Different Address: Gmail help
- Campus email directory: people.utc.edu
- You can log into your student email account even if the UTC website is down by going directly to gmail.com.
Google Drive and Sites
- Download Google File Stream: website
- Installing and Sharing with Google Drive: handout
- Save MS Word by default to Google Drive: website
- ePortfolio for DNP Students (Google Sites Classic)
- Saving Videos to Google Drive: handout
Most, or all, written assignments in the School of Nursing must be submitted in Microsoft Office format. Although it is possible to use other software (MS Works, Open Office, Apple Pages and Keynote, etc.) to create documents and then save them in MS Office format, doing so requires care and makes collaboration more difficult. We strongly recommend that all students have and use MS Office 2013 or later.
Free for Current Students
A subscription to Office 365 (aka Office 2016) is free for current students with Windows 7 or later or Mac OS 10.6 or later, for installation on up to five devices (computers, tablets, phones). This package includes the MS Word and Powerpoint students need for classes. You can register and download the installer online here:
Note: You must have Windows 7, 8 or 10 (or Mac OS) to take advantage of this offer.
Installing on Additional Devices
Note: Because you will have an "organizational account," you may need to use a specialized organizational login such as the one above to access your account.
- MS Office 365 free for Students
- Word 2010 Tutorial: Step-by-Step Videos
- Word Page Headers: handout
- Word Hints/Formatting: handout
- Creating Genograms handout (MS Word format)
- Connecting to UTC Wireless: handout
- Connect to UTC SECURE Wireless (must connect to UTC OPEN network first): website
- Polycom Video Conferencing: troubleshooting handout
- Classroom Podiums: troubleshooting handout
- Protect Your Computer: handout
- Change Password: UTC password website
- Check Internet Speed: www.speedtest.net
- Free Antivirus (Windows 7): windows.microsoft.com
- Download Google Chrome or Firefox web browser
- Mediasite Viewing Requirements: sonicfoundry.com
- Qualtrics Login (University of Tennessee): https://cas.tennessee.edu/qualtrics
- QuestionPro Login: University of Tennessee and more info.