Students seeking admission into the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) Nurse Practitioner Concentration in either the Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Adult Gerontology (ACNP-AG) or the Family Nurse Practitioner Lifespan (FNP) specialties must meet the admission requirements of both the Graduate School and the UTC School of Nursing.
The application deadline for the MSN and Post Master’s Certificate FNP specialty has passed for Summer 2016 entry.
The application deadline for the MSN ACNP-AG specialty is April 4, 2016 for Summer 2016 entry. The application deadline for the Post Master’s Certificate ACNP-AG specialty has passed for Spring 2016 entry.
Applicants must have the following to be qualified for application:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree from a program accredited by the National League for Nursing or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale,
- RN experience and licensure
- Minimum of one year of critical care experience for the ACNP-AG specialty
- Minimum of one year of direct patient care experience for FNP applicants
- GRE or MAT scores within the last five years
The GRE or MAT requirement is waived for applicants with a 3.4 or higher nursing GPA
or for post masters certificate applicants.
- To apply, applicants must apply to the Graduate School online at http://www.utc.edu/apply/ under the “Graduate Students” section. Applicants must ensure all transcripts and GRE or MAT scores are sent to and received by the Graduate School.
- Applicants must also submit a resume and personal statement identifying their desire to attend the program, academic and clinical history and personal and professional goals. This should be submitted electronically to Sarah-D-Wright@utc.edu.
Note: Only applications for the MSN ACNP-AG specialty are being accepted at this time. This application process is expected to change before application cycles reopen for the MSN and Post Master’s Certificate FNP as well as the Post Master’s Certificate ACNP-AG specialties. Please visit this page later for application details for these specialties.