Nurse Practitioner Admissions
Students seeking admission into the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) Nurse Practitioner Concentration in either the Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Adult Gerontology (ACNP-AG) or the Family Nurse Practitioner Lifespan (FNP) specialties must meet the admission requirements of both the Graduate School and the UTC School of Nursing.
The application deadline for both of the MSN specialties and the post-master's certificate for FNP Lifespan is October 1st for entry into the following summer term, which begins in May. The deadline for application to the post-master's ACNP-AG certificate program is August 1 with classes beginning the following January.
Applicants must have the following to be qualified for application:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree from a program accredited by the National League for Nursing or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale
- RN experience and licensure
- Minimum of one year of acute/critical care experience for the ACNP-AG specialty
- Minimum of one year of direct patient care experience for the FNP specialty
- GRE or MAT scores within the last five years
- The GRE or MAT requirement is waived for applicants with a 3.4 or higher nursing GPA or for post masters certificate applicants.
- To apply, applicants must apply to the Graduate School online. Click the button below and follow the instructions under the “Graduate Students” section. Please ensure all transcripts and GRE or MAT scores are sent to and received by the Graduate School.
- Applicants must also submit an online application to the School of Nursing.