CHI Memorial Hospital
CHI Memorial Hospital opened in 1952 under the operation of the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth and has achieved regional recognition as one of the most advanced medical facilities in the Southeast. Memorial was named one of the nation's "100 Top Hospitals" in 1998. The hospital was also selected as one of the nation's "100 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals" in 1999. Memorial surgery facilities provide innovative, responsive and continually advancing resources for all specialties. Besides being noted as an excellent provider for heart surgery, Memorial is also a leading provider of orthopedic procedures like sports medicine and joint replacement and is in the forefront in spinal procedures, being one of the few hospitals in the country to do endoscopic spinal fusions. Memorial Surgical Department has minimally invasive laproscopic services including state-of-the-art equipment. Cancer and ophthalmology are also high volume services. In addition, Memorial Hospital's Intensive Care Units received a five star rating, better than all other hospitals in Southeast Tennessee and Northwest Georgia, in the latest issue of The Consumer Guide for Urban Hospital Care 2002.