Tuition and Fees
Tuition and fees for the graduate student at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga for academic year 2012-2013 is approximately $4,175.00 per semester (maximum charge for 9 credit hours) for in-state students and $11,348.00 per semester (maximum charge for 9 credit hours) for out-of-state students. Total tuition for the entire program is approximately $29,225.00 for Tennessee students and for out-of-state it is approximately $79,436.00. It is expected that there will be an increase each academic year. Detailed information regarding current tuition and fees for the MSN Nurse Anesthesia Concentration graduate program can be found on the Bursar's Office website
Academic Common Market (ACM)
The ACM is a consortium of 16 Southern states that belong to the Southern Regional Education Board (SREB). Through this program, students wishing to pursue study in graduate programs not available within their home states may be able to attend out-of-state programs at in-state tuition rates. Students must initiate the ACM application process.
The following states are partners in the ACM consortium: Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida (graduate programs only), Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina (graduate programs with restrictions), Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas (graduate programs only), Virginia, and West Virginia. Additional information can be found at the SREB’s website at the following URL. http://www.sreb.org/programs/acm/acmindex.aspx.
UTC Regional Tuition Rates
Residents of Catoosa, Dade, Fannin, Murray, Walker, and Whitfield counties in Georgia and Jackson county in Alabama now qualify for a regional tuition credit for graduate classes at UTC in spring semester 2010, beginning January 6.
Eligible students pay a tuition rate equal to in-house fees plus 25 percent of out of state tuition. Master's and doctoral degrees, certificates and specialist programs are included in the regional tuition credit
Please contact the UTC Graduate School at 423-425-4666 to check eligibility.
- Textbooks $2,000
- Personal Computer $800
- Internet Access (estimated $25/mon x 27 months) $675
- Associate memberships—American Association of Nurse Anesthetists and Tennessee Association of Student Nurse Anesthetists $145
- Clinical Supplies (lab coat, stethoscope, nerve stimulator) $275
- TANA Annual Conference (transportation, room, meals). Required in junior and senior years (approximate cost per trip is $250) $500
- Malpractice Insurance (per academic year) ($38 x 3) $114
- Health Insurance (per academic year) ($687 x 3) $2,061*
- SEE Examination (Required in Senior Year) $125
- Certification Examination (Required) $725
- Procedures Consult (per academic year) ($90 x 3) $270
- Anesthesia Board Review Course (Optional) $700
- ACLS & PALS Recertification Courses $300
- Medatrax $180
Total Estimated Other Expenses: $8.870
Actual costs may vary. This is not intended to represent an all inclusive listing of expenses.
*All students are required to obtain and maintain basic health/medical insurance. The student may elect to enroll in the University of Tennessee Student Health Insurance Plan or obtain insurance with a private carrier. Proof of personal health insurance coverage must be submitted each semester. Students cannot register for classes or participate in clinical rotations unless proof of insurance is on file with the program office. For further information about obtaining health insurance coverage, please contact the UTC Student Health Center at 423-425-4453.