Assistant Professor (9 Month)
The School of Nursing at The University of Tennessee Chattanooga (UTC) seeks a full time 9 month faculty member for a tenure earning position. The School of Nursing offers the BSN, MSN, and DNP degree in nursing, and embraces the shared governance model, as well as Boyer’s model of scholarship.
POSITION: Assistant Professor
EFFECTIVE DATE: August 1, 2013
- Teach, advise, and engage in scholarship activities
- Participate in School of Nursing, university service, and/or professional service
- Assist in monitoring and supporting learner success and collaborate with curriculum development and revisions
- Master's degree in nursing and doctoral preparation in nursing or a related field.
- Clinical experience working with clients in acute care settings, Medical Surgical Nursing at all levels preferred.
- Will consider MSN if applicant is in a doctoral program
- Academic teaching experience preferred.
- Submit a letter of interest, a current curriculum vita, copies of transcripts and a statement of teaching philosophy to: firstname.lastname@example.org Inquiries may be made to Dr. Chris Smith via telephone at 423-425-1741.
- Application review begins immediately and continues until the position is filled. Transcripts of all post-secondary academic work and three letters of professional reference are subject to be requested of all applicants during screening process.
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is an equal opportunity affirmation/Title IX/section 504 institution and welcomes applications from women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities.