Young Mocs CIT Program
Young Mocs CIT (Counselors In Training) Program
General Progam Information:
Young Mocs CITs are former campers who would like to continue participating in the Mocs Adventure Camp experience by assisting Camp Counselors with camp activities. These young adults will acquire leadership and mentoring skills to assist them in their future endeavors. CITs will set personal goals at the beginning of the summer, which they will work toward throughout their experience. Each week CITs will have the opportunity to help with daily planning, supervision, leading games, and general camp tasks. This program can help your teen have both a great summer and allow them the chance to make a positive difference in the children's camp experience!
- Attended Mocs Adventure Camp as a Camper (Exceptions to this requirement are rare)
- A genuine interest in working with school-age children
- Mature, responsible, and safety-focused
- CITs are only allowed to work with K-5th graders
- Can attend all Camp Counselor Training dates:
- Exact times TBD (Monday, May 23rd - Friday, May 27th)
- Can attend Camp Counselor Planning Session dates:
- Exact times TBD (Monday, May 29th - Friday, June 2nd)
- Can commit to attending any four weeks of Mocs Adventure camp
- Note: CITs may attend up to eight weeks of camp if desired
Young Mocs CIT Program Cost:
The initial cost of the Young Mocs CIT program includes attending Camp Counselor Training Week, Camp Counselor Planning Week, and four weeks of your choice of camp. This also includes the cost of all field trips. After paying the initial program cost, additional weeks of camp may be added, up to eight weeks possible.
Please note that scholarship aid is not offered for this program.
Student/Member Initial Program Cost: $300.00
Student/Member Additional Weeks Cost: $75.00 Per Additional Week
General Public Initial Program Cost: $400.00
General Public Additional Weeks Cost: $100.00 Per Additional Week
How To Apply:
The Young Mocs CIT program is currently only available by invitation only for previous campers. If your child attended Mocs Adventure Camp in the past, and you would like them to be considered, please email Craig Gosnell at [email protected] or call (423) 425-5682.
If you have any questions about our Mocs Adventure Camp,
please contact the Assistant Director of Programs and Engagement:
Phone: (423) 425-5682
Email: [email protected]