Welcome to UTC!
Your time to become a Moc is getting close and we couldn’t be more excited for you. Orientation is the best way to get a preview of your new life on campus.
Here’s just a few things you can expect at your virtual orientation:
- Meet and make friends with your newest classmates
- Receive your class schedule and talk one-on one with yoru academic advisor
- Learn about resources in place designed to make you successful
Dates fill up quickly, so register early! A friendly reminder: orientation is required for all new UTC freshmen and transfer students. Guests are family are welcome to join you in the virtual sessions.
We can’t wait to meet you and welcome you to Chattanooga!
Parents and Family
Orientation is a family experience that offers optional programming for parents, family members and guests on the same day(s) as your student's orientation!
Whether you are a parent, guardian or significant other, we recognize the important role you play in their success.
While you're here, don't forget to sign up for the Parent and Family Association!
Information About Your Session
The fee for Spring Orientation is $50 per student. Once fee payment is received, each student's attendance is confirmed by email.
Refund requests for orientation must be made by November 20, 2020. There is a $10 refund fee.
*Orientation fees covers software, staffing, mailings, facility/equipment rentals, paperwork, packaging and any other materials.
- All students must submit the UTC Immunization Form in order to enroll at UTC for the upcoming term.
- For a list of required immunizations, please click here.
- UTC's Immunization Form requires a health care provider's signature and must have this before it can be turned in.
- The quickest way to submit the Immunization Form is to upload the form to the UTC Medicat Patient Portal.
- For access and login instructions to the UTC Medicat Patient Portal, please click here.
Any additional questions about the UTC Immunizations Requirements and/or form, please contact UTC Student Health at 423-425-2266.
What To Bring to Your Virtual Meeting:
- List of courses you are currently taking or transcript (if applicable)
- Pre-registered course schedule ( students will receive instructions on how to find your schedule in your mailed Mocs Box)
- Pen and paper to take notes
- List of any questions that you may have
Once registered, please make sure you log in to your MyMocsNet account and check your UTC email often.
After you have completed the online registration process, you will receive a confirmation email in your MyMocsNet account.
You will also receive a final confirmation with your virtual advisement time and link in the week leading up to your session.
If you believe you have fully completed the registration process and have not received a confirmation email, please contact the New Student and Family Programs Office.
If you are a student with a disability (physical, learning, psychiatric or other) and think you might need assistance during orientation, call the Disability Resource Center at 423-425-4006 or stop by their office, room in University Center Room 108.