Welcome to UTC!
Your time to become a Moc is getting close and we couldn’t be more excited for you. Orientation is the best way to get a preview of your new life on campus.
Here’s just a few things you can expect at orientation:
- Meet and make friends with your newest classmates
- Tour campus and meet with faculty and staff
- Register for your classes
- Learn about resources in place designed to make you successful
Dates fill up quickly, so register early! A friendly reminder: orientation is required for all new UTC freshmen and transfer students. Guests are family are welcome to join you.
We can’t wait to meet you and welcome you to Chattanooga!
Parents and Family
Orientation is a family experience that offers optional programming for parents, family members and guests on the same day(s) as your student's orientation!
Whether you are a parent, guardian or significant other, we recognize the important role you play in their success.
While you're here, don't forget to sign up for the Parent and Family Association!
Information About Your Session
The fee for Spring Orientation is $50 per student and $25 per parent/guest. Once fee payment is received, each student's attendance is confirmed by email.
Refund requests for orientation must be made by the corresponding deadline found on the registration page. There is a $10 refund fee.
*Orientation fees cover food and refreshments, staffing, facility/equipment rentals, paperwork, packaging and any other materials.
- All students must submit the UTC Immunization Form in order to enroll at UTC for the upcoming term.
- For a list of required immunizations, please click here.
- UTC's Immunization Form requires a health care provider's signature and must have this before it can be turned in.
- The quickest way to submit the Immunization Form is to upload the form to the UTC Medicat Patient Portal.
- For access and login instructions to the UTC Medicat Patient Portal, please click here.
Any additional questions about the UTC Immunizations Requirements and/or form, please contact UTC Student Health at 423-425-2266.
- List of courses you are currently taking or transcript (if applicable)
- Pen and paper to take notes
- Comfortable clothes/shoes
- Spending money for snacks
- As a part of the Orientation Service Project, you have the option to a non-perishable food item to exchange for a UTC shirt. Your donation will be used to help "stock Scrappy's Cupboard".
Once registered, please make sure you log in to your MyMocsNet account and check your UTC email often.
After you have completed the online registration process, you will receive a confirmation email in your MyMocsNet account.
You will also receive a final confirmation in the week leading up to your session.
If you believe you have fully completed the registration process and have not received a confirmation email, please contact the New Student and Family Programs Office.
If you are a student with a disability (physical, learning, psychiatric or other) and think you might need assistance during orientation, call the Disability Resource Center at 423-425-4006 or stop by their office, room in University Center Room 108.
If you are a guest of a participating student and need overnight accommodations, visit Chattanooga Fun for hotel options.
Here's additional information for navigating to and around campus:
Curious about what your orientation schedule will be like? We’ve provided a sample schedule below for you to view. Just note that dates, times and locations will be different for your session.