Saturday, April 1, 2017
The Piano Arts Competition is an annual event for High School and Middle School pianists that offers scholarships and montetary awards for piano performance.
First Place winners are invited to perform in the UTC 21st Annual Piano Arts Competition Awards Ceremony that will be held in the Roland Hayes Concert Hall.
- Middle School piano students in grades 6-8.
- High School piano students in grades 9-12.
- 1st Prize Winners from the previous year may not compete in the same category.
- Middle School students will perform a program of at least two works for solo piano of contrasting styles, not to exceed a duration of 15 minutes. Memorization is required. Popular music selections are not appropriate.
- High School students will perform a program of at least two works for solo piano of contrasting styles, not to exceed a duration of 20 minutes. Memorization is required. Popular music selections are not appropriate.
Winners will be announced at an awards ceremony that will take place in the Roland Hayes Concert Hall at 3:00 p.m. the day of the competition. First, Second and Third Place winners will be asked to perform a selection of the judges choice at this time. All competition participants are required to attend the awards ceremony. The judging panel reserves the right to withhold awards if eligibility requirements are not met.
|Category||First Prize||Second Prize||Third Prize|
|Middle School Category (grades 6-8)||$75.00||$50.00||$25.00|
|High School Category (grades 9-12)||$100.00||$75.00||$50.00|
Graduating seniors may use this competition as an Entrance Audition into the UTC Department
of Performing Arts:
Graduating seniors who plan to attend UTC are also eligible for scholarship awards, including the prestigious Arthur Rivituso Memorial Scholarship of $2000.00 per year.
- Middle School Category (grades 6-8) - $20.00.
- High School Category (grades 9-12) - $25.00.
Please make checks payable to UTC Music.
The judging panel will include faculty from the UTC Department of Performing Arts: Music Division. In the event that a judge is related to or has taught a contestant, that member will recuse himself/herself from voting on said contestant.
All applications and fees must be received by the UTC Department of Performing Arts:
Music Division Office by
3:00 PM on March 11, 2017. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Call the UTC Music Division Office at (423) 425-4601