2020 Band Week
Sign up for Band Week! - Coming Soon
Enroll in Band
All members of the UTC Marching Mocs must be officially enrolled in course MUS 0030. Chatt State students: contact Darrin Hassevoort at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how to enroll.
UTC Band Members Get Paid to March
You heard correctly. Members receive a stipend of $600 their first and second year, $800 in year three, and $1000 each year, fourth and above. A first year Marching Moc receives all necessary uniform items, including the polo shirt and ball cap. Travel expenses are covered for all members. Pep band members receive an additional scholarship and basketball band travels all over the country following the team to NCAA tournament. Destinations have included Charleston, Chicago, Denver, Las Vegas, Louisville, Miami, NYC, Philadelphia, Phoenix, St. Louis and Tampa.
Band Week Information
- You will get a confirmation email when you have registered for camp. You will also get information emails closer to camp.
- During band camp, you will be living where you will be living for the fall semester. If this is on campus, make sure you indicate this when you register so that you will be allowed to move into your dorm early.
- Those who need an instrument can borrow one from UTC at no charge. You will be able to do this when band camp starts.
- Make sure you also sign up for marching band as a course, MUS 0030.
- What to bring to camp: YOUR INSTRUMENT (if you have one), sunscreen, a hat, a lyre if you have one, and a reusable cup for water.
- Any questions? Email Prof. Michael Griffith.
Auditions for the colorguard take place during Band Week and members of the group are part of the Marching Mocs. Members of the colorguard must register for the class and are eligible for the marching band stipends.
The twirlers for the Marching Mocs are led by Ms. Jenny Hannah. Auditions for twirler positions take place in the spring semester and members of the group are part of the Marching Mocs. Members of the twirling unit must register for the class and are eligible for the marching band stipends.
The drum instructor is Mr. Travis Fischer. Auditions and camp for the Drumline will take place during Band Week.