2014 Band Camp - August 12-16
I Heard We Get Paid to March and Travel - Really?
You heard correctly. A first year Marching Moc has all expenses paid (including travel, shoes, ball caps, and warm-up suits). All other Marching Mocs receive stipends with a yearly increase. Pep band members receive an additional stipend and basketball band travels all over the country following the team to NCAA tournament. Places we have been are Charleston, Chicago, Philadelphia, New York City, Phoenix, Savannah, Tampa, Miami, Las Vegas, Denver, and St. Louis to name a few.
Band Camp Information
- You will not get a confirmation email when you have registered for camp but will eventually get information emails closer to camp.
- During band camp, you will be living where you will be living for the fall semester. If this is on campus, make sure you indicate this when you register so that you will be allowed to move into your dorm early.
- Those who need an instrument can borrow one from UTC at no charge. You will be able to do this when band camp starts.
- Make sure you also sign up for marching band as a course, MUS 0030.
- What to bring to camp: YOUR INSTRUMENT (if you have one), sunscreen, a hat, a towel for morning yoga/stretching, a lyre if you have one, and a reusable cup for water.
- Any questions? Email Dr. Schafer.
Please contact Mary-Elise Barrett for instructions regarding guard camp.
Mary Elise is a graduate from Goodpasture High School and is currently a B.A. art major at UTC. During high school, she was selected for the U.S. Army All-American Colorguard. After high school, she went on to march 4 years for Spirit Drum and Bugle Corps (2008-2011) and one year for CorpsVets Drum and Bugle Corps (2012). She has also marched 4 years with Eklipse World Class Winterguard out of Nashville, TN (2010-2013). Mary Elise has taught at multiple different high schools but is currently the colorguard instructor for Signal Mountain Middle High School where she started the first Signal Mountain Winterguard. Mary Elise's parents are both graduates of UTC and she is very excited to start working with the UTC colorguard.
The drum instructor will be Mr. Matt Broom. You may contact him firstname.lastname@example.org.