Placement Test Instructions
To take the Math Placement Test, you will register via Canvas. There is no charge to enroll in the course or to take the test. Once registered, you will have access to detailed information regarding the test, a practice test, review material, test instructions, and the Math Placement Test.
To enroll to access the test information, follow the link below. You will sign into Canvas (UTC Learn) using your MyMocsNet login information.
Math Placement Test registration: https://utchattanooga.instructure.com/enroll/3APLMP
What you will need when you are ready to take the test:
- a quiet location where you will not be interrupted
- a valid photo ID (driver’s license, passport, military ID, etc.)
- technology requirements:
- a computer with a webcam and microphone (required for proctoring)
- a strong internet connection
- Chrome web browser
- Proctorio extension for Chrome (you will download this extension once enrolled in the Canvas course)
- Calculators are notallowed to be used.
- Number of questions: 40 (types of questions will include multiple choice, graphing, and fill-in-the-blank)
- Required score: a score of 75% or better is needed to satisfy the pre-requisite for Math 1130, Math 1710 or Math 2150
- Time limit: 120 minutes
- Once you begin the test, you cannot leave the test and resume later.
- Test will be administered via Canvas and proctored by Proctorio. There are no fees to take the test.
- Maximum number of test attempts per student: 2 (there is a required 7 day waiting period before attempting the exam a second time)
- You will receive your score immediately after submitting your test. However, passing scores may take 2-3 business days to appear your UTC record on MyMocsNet so you can register for a course.
- Be sure to take the practice test found in Canvas and review any skills you feel are weak.