Published Research by Mathematics Faculty
The Department of Mathematics prides itself on a tradition of active and productive research. Recent published research by UTC Department of Mathematics faculty members of the department are listed below.
Published in 2018:
- D. He, X. Wang, D. Gao and J. Wang, Modeling the 2016-2017 Yemen cholera outbreak with the impact of limited medical resources, Journal of Theoretical Biology, vol. 451, pp. 80-85, 2018.
- X. Wang, X.-Q. Zhao and J. Wang, A cholera epidemic model in a spatiotemporally heterogeneous environment, Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 468, pp. 893-912, 2018.
- C. Yang, A. Edwards and J. Wang, On the dynamics of a class of perturbed cyclic Lotka-Volterra systems, International Journal of Biomathematics, vol. 11(4), 1850098, 2018.
- C. Yang and J. Wang, On the intrinsic dynamics of bacteria in waterborne infections, Mathematical Biosciences, vol. 296, pp. 71-81, 2018.
- C. Yang, D. Posny, F. Bao and J. Wang, A multi-scale cholera model linking between-host and within-host dynamics,International Journal of Biomathematics, vol. 11(3), 1850034, 2018.
- Lingju Kong, Homoclinic solutions for a higher order difference equation, Appl. Math. Lett.86(2018), 186--193.
- Lingju Kong, Solutions of a class of discrete fourth order boundary value problems, Minimax Theory Appl.3(2018), 35--46.
- Yaqin Feng, John R. Graef, Lingju Kong, and Min Wang, The forward and inverse problems for a fractional boundary value problem, Appl. Anal.97(2018), 2474--2484.
- John R. Graef, Shapour Heidarkhani, Lingju Kong, and Min Wang, Existence of solutions to a discrete fourth order boundary value problem, Difference Equ. Appl.24(2018), 849--858.
- John R. Graef, Shapour Heidarkhani, and Lingju Kong, Existence of solutions to an impulsive Dirichlet boundary value problem, Fixed Point Theory19 (2018), 225--234.
- John R. Graef, Johnny Henderson, Lingju Kong, and Sherry Liu, Ordinary Differential Equations and Boundary Value Problems, Volume I: Advanced Ordinary Differential Equations, Trends in Abstract and Applied Analysis, Volume 7, World Scientific Publishing Company, New Jersey, 2018,
- John R. Graef, Johnny Henderson, Lingju Kong, and Sherry Liu, Ordinary Differential Equations and Boundary Value Problems, Volume II: Boundary Value Problems, Trends in Abstract and Applied Analysis, Volume 8, World Scientific Publishing Company, New Jersey, 2018.
- E. Panagiotou, and K.W. Plaxco, 2018, A topological study of protein folding kinetics Topology ofBiopolymers, AMSContemporary MathematicsSeries(accepted)
- E. Panagiotou, 2018, Topological entanglement and its relation to polymer material properties Knots in Hellas II (accepted)
- K.C. MIllet, E. Panagiotou, 2018, Linking matrices in systems with periodic boundary conditions J. Phys. A: Math. Theor.51225001
- Jacobs, D., Tilstra, D., Benjamin, F., Pittman, S., James, H., Thayer, J., Klingbeil, N. T., Arellano, J., Tyler, C. Adventist Millennials: Measuring Emerging Adults’ Connection to Church. Review of Religious Research. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s13644-018-0348-3
- Boris Belinskiy, D. Kotval, Optimal design of minimum mass structures for a generalized Sturm-Liouville problem on an interval and a metric graph Electron. J. Differential Equations, 2018, No. 119, 1-18 (2018).
- E. Zoog, C. Gao, R Simon, JD Stanley R Moor and et al. “Enhanced Recovery Protocol Compliance Inﬂuences Length of Stay: Resolving Barriers to Implementation”, The American Surgeon, 84(6):801-807, 2018.
- M. Tripathi, C. Zacheaus K. Doxtater, C.Gao and et al., “Z Probe, an Eﬃcient Tool for Characterizing Long Non-Coding RNA in FFPE Tissues”, Non-Coding RNA, 4-20,2018, doi:10.3390/ncrna4030020.
- L. Hayes, C. Gao, L. Ebensperger, and C. Loreto, “Male group members are costly to plurally breeding Octodon degus females”, accepted for publication on oct. 24 2018 by Journal Behavior.
- Asplund, John; Loizeaux, Marc; Van der Merwe, Lucas, A note on total domination edge critical graphs. J. Combin. Math. Combin. Comput. 104 (2018), 245–260.