Bust those library myths while discovering all the great resources UTC Library has to offer!
- This activity will take approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Students will be able to identify services and resources by the Library.
- Students will be able to articulate how a librarian can assist them.
- Students will be able to state features of the library that can assist them with content creation, study, and relaxation.
- 1 set of 6 cards. Each card corresponds to a slide on the PowerPoint
- 1 PowerPoint file
- Participation prizes (optional)
- Pull up PowerPoint
- Give a brief introduction about the original Mythbusters and how it relates to the game.
- Hand out cards (ask for volunteers or just hand them out)
- Student Instructions: Each card corresponds to a slide on the PowerPoint. When you see the image from your card on the PPT, read the “myth” on your card.
- After the myth is read, discuss it with the class. Encourage their participation in the process by asking them to guess whether the myth is true (“confirmed”) or not (“busted”).
- Take up cards; give out prized (if using).