Distance Learning Library Services
E-books & Articles
As a currently enrolled UTC Distance Learning program student, you can access hundreds of thousands of e-books and articles through the library. To get started, use the Quick Search from the library’s homepage.
For discipline specific research, look at our Research guides. These guides will point you to the best resources in that field. Just drop down to the discipline of your choice, click Go.
Unfortunately, we don’t have it all…
There may come a point in your research when you need something that the library doesn’t own. In that case, you should use our free Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service.
- In many cases, journal articles will be available in as little as 24 hours after you submit your request.
- When an article is ready, you’ll receive an email.
- Login and click on Electronically Received Articles to download the PDF.
Need a physical book?
Check local libraries
- We encourage our Distance Learners to check with their local libraries first for books they need.
- If you live near a University of Tennessee school, you can use your Mocs Card to apply for an account to check out materials.
- If you live near a Tennessee Board of Regents (TBR) school, you can fill out the form on this page to request a card to get borrowing privileges at all TBR school libraries. View a list of TBR schools or the TBR Borrowers Card Policy.
If you can’t get the book locally, we will ship it to you from the UTC Library.
- Fill out an Interlibrary Loan request for a Book
- In the notes field, be sure to say that you are a distance learner and you’d like the book shipped to you
- We will pay to ship the book to you, but you will be responsible for shipping the book back to us.
In order to qualify for this service, you must be enrolled in a UTC Online Program and have an off-campus address.