COVID-19 Safety Updates
The UTC Library building is open to UTC students, faculty, and staff. We are implementing new prodecures and services in an effort to limit the spread of COVID-19 and maintain the health of our university community. Questions? Please contact us.
Please note that content on this site is regularly updated as new developments arise.
Page last updated Wed, February 24 9:44 AM
|Monday – Thursday||7:45 am – 10:00 pm|
|Friday||7:45 am – 5:00 pm|
|Saturday||Noon – 5:00 pm|
|Sunday||Noon – 10:00 pm|
You can schedule a remote consultation with a library expert for assistance with research, multimedia, writing, and more. Visit our Make an Appointment page to submit a request.
Library Building Access
- Access to the UTC Library building is currently limited to UTC Students, Faculty, and Staff.
- Bring your Mocs Card. To assist with COVID-19 contact tracing, you’ll need to swipe into the building with your Mocs Card.
- Alumni, retirees, TALC members, and current community borrowers must request an appointment to visit the library.
Library Building Use Policies
The following policies are currently in place in an effort to limit the spread of COVID-19:
- Face masks are required on the UTC Campus, including within the library.
- Students who have reserved a single-occupancy study room may remove their face mask within the closed study room. Room reservations will resume Monday, August 17.
- Eating is not permitted in the library except in the lounge area adjacent to Starbucks. Drinks (with a straw) are permitted. Please keep your mask on while drinking.
- Maintain social distancing, with 6 feet of space between you and other people when at all possible. Furniture and services have been modified to provide for social distancing.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and often. Hand sanitizer stations and access to restroom sinks are available throughout the building.
- Monitor for symptoms. Students, faculty, and staff are to complete a COVID-19 Self Check before reporting to campus each day and report any active symptoms or positive contacts or test results through COVID-19 Notification Form. Do not visit the library if you have any symptoms, have tested positive for COVID-19, are awaiting test results, or have been in close contact with a symptomatic or positive individual.
- Sanitize high touch/high use materials and spaces. Please help us keep the library clean by wiping down surfaces and seats before and after use. Cleaning wipes and materials are available on carts throughout the library.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Current students, faculty, and staff continue to have access to computer work stations (PC and Mac) and areas for studying available with increased spacing for social distancing. Study rooms are available with some limitations.
The general collection on the ground floor is currently closed. Current faculty, staff, and students can access the Stacks by checking out a "Stacks Pass" from the Check Out Desk. Stacks Passes allow individual access to the stacks for up to 3 hours. Access for classes can be arranged by contacting Collection Services at email@example.com to request an appointment.
Yes. Masks are required in all UTC buildings including the library. Masks may be removed within single-occupancy study rooms (available to students, faculty, and staff by reservation).
Enhanced cleaning protocols have been put in place to ensure that high touch and high use areas within the library are cleaned thoroughly and regularly. This includes study rooms, bathrooms, door handles, table surfaces, and circulating technology and materials. Furthermore, all returned materials will be either sanitized or quarantined before being circulated again.
We ask that you help us in sanitizing public seats and tables before and after you use them. This provides extra cleaning in between our scheduled cleaning. Cleaning carts are available throughout the library.
In order to comply with face mask requirements, eating will not be permitted within the UTC Library public spaces. Drinks will be allowed, but a straw will be needed so you can keep your mask in place. We’ll be providing biodegradable straws to those who need them. We know this is a big change, but we appreciate your understanding.
Yes! Current students, faculty, and staff are able to check out laptops and a variety of other cool tech. Find out what is available and procedures for requesting these items.
Explore changes to library services:
- Reserve a Room
- Checking Out Materials
- Checking Out Equipment
- Computer Use
- Course Reserves
- Printing and Copying
- Service Desk Assistance
- Writing and Communications Center
- Special Collections
- Research and Instruction