Continuity of UTC Library Resources and Services
This page provides information related to UTC Library's response to the COVID-19 outbreak including updates to operations, access to remote services, and other helpful links. This information, and library services, are still evolving. Please check back for the latest.
Questions? Suggestions for how we can support your off-campus work? Please contact us.Page last updated Tue, August 4 9:37 AM
Online help by chat, email, or text is available during the following hours:
- Monday – Thursday
8:00 am – 9:00 pm
8:00 am – 6:00 pm
9:00 am – 6:00 pm
noon – 9:00 pm
Visit our hours page to view future holiday and special hours.
You can schedule a remote consultation with a library expert for assistance with research, multimedia, writing, and more. Visit our Make an Appointment page to submit a request.
Library Building Closed
The UTC Library is currently closed for public use or gathering to help prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). As a result, physical services including Room Reservations and Printing are currently unavailable. The library website will be updated when reservations resume. Please email email@example.com with questions.
All library services have moved online. If you are in need of a service or resource that is not available online, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The library building will reopen on Monday, August 10 for fall semester.
Access to Online and Physical Materials
We are here to get you the materials you need to teach your classes or complete your assignments. The links below provide direct access to materials including databases, articles, books, e-books, and streaming video. Please note that access to items from the physical collection is currently available, but requires that you create a hold. Fulfillment of holds requests can take up to 72 hours. Library staff will schedule an appointment with you to pick up any physical materials placed on hold.
- Find books, articles, and more
- Select a Database for research
- Use Research Guides to find resources by subject, topic, or course
- Request help Scanning Materials for your course.
- Request an Interlibrary Loan for digital materials. If your request is for a physical item, we will be in touch as many libraries have suspended the loan of physical materials.
- Streaming Media
- Learn skills through Library Tutorials
For more on available online resources visit our Find Resources page. Have questions about how to use library databases or having difficulty accessing the information you need? Ask us!
The library offers support for faculty teaching online courses. Please contact us with any questions related to options for online library instruction offerings, library materials, or other ways the library can support the transition to online instruction.
- Request online instruction for your course related to research, writing, or multimedia.
- Faculty can submit a Scanning Request for print materials to be scanned in to pdf format.
- Visit our Linking to Resources page for information on how to link to library resources in Canvas.
- Explore important information on Copyright and Fair Use during the COVID-19 response.
- Learn how to help make course materials more affordable for students during this time, or apply for an Affordable Course Materials Initiative Grant.
Returns and Fines
When no longer needed for your coursework and research, Books and DVDs can be returned to one of our external book drops, located on the Douglas and the Chamberlain sides of the building. If you are unable to come to campus, materials can also be returned by mail; email email@example.com for instructions.
Your equipment's return date will depend on what you have borrowed. You can check the return dates anytime by logging into your online library account.
Please know we are extending due dates, so fines do not accrue during the time the Library is closed. If you wish to pay any pre-existing fines or fees, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions to make an online payment.
If you are unsure how to return your item or have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.