Student Accommodations and Assistance

Center for Academic Support and Advisement

The mission of the Center for Academic Support and Advisement is to promote academic excellence and encourage self-directed learning. CASS will academically advise freshmen and students who have not declared a major and provide programs and services to promote student success.

Counseling Center

If you find that you are struggling with stress, feeling depressed or anxious, having difficulty choosing a major or career, or have time management difficulties which are adversely impacting your successful progress at UTC, please contact the Counseling Center at 425-4438 or go to the Counseling Center for more information.

Disability Resource Center

If you are a student with a disability (e.g. physical, learning, psychiatric, vision, hearing, etc.) and think that you might need special assistance or a special accommodation in this class or any other class, call the Disability Resource Center (DRC) at 425-4006 or come by the office, 108 University Center.  For more information, go to the Disability Resource Center.

Office of Student Outreach and Support (SOS)

The Office of Student Outreach & Support (SOS) advocates and supports students experiencing challenges in their personal and/or academic lives. SOS staff help students navigate University administrative processes; connect with University and community resources; and develop coping, resiliency, and self-advocacy skills. Referrals can be made by students, faculty, and staff. Additionally, students can refer themselves as needed. To make a referral, submit a Community Member of Concern Referral Form at Individuals may also contact SOS by e-mailing or calling (423) 425-4301.

Additionally, SOS manages Scrappy’s Cupboard, UTC’s food pantry. Scrappy’s Cupboard is free, anonymous, and no questions asked. Students needing support ranging from one meal to a week of supplies should visit Scrappy’s Cupboard. For more information, visit

Title IX

Faculty members have the responsibility to help create a safe learning environment on our campus. To accomplish this, faculty have a mandatory reporting obligation and are required to share information with the University regarding sexual misconduct, relationship violence or stalking that is disclosed during the performance of their duties.  Students may speak to someone confidentially by contacting Survivor Advocacy Services (SAS), located in the Women’s Center at (423) 425-5648 (M-F, 8-5).  SAS may be contacted after hours by contacting UTCPD at (423) 425-4357 and asking for the advocate on call.

Veterans Student Services

The office of Veteran Student Services is committed to serving all the needs of our veterans and assisting them during their transition from military life to that of a student. If you are a student veteran or veteran dependent and need any assistance with your transition, please refer to Green Zone or Veteran Student Services. These sites can direct you the necessary resources for academics, educational benefits, adjustment issues, veteran allies, veteran organizations, and all other campus resources serving our veterans. You may also contact the coordinator of Veteran Student Programs and Services directly at 423.425.2277. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE.  

UTC Solutions Center

The IT Solutions Center provides information technology support. For assistance, call 425-4000.