Out-Of-State Student Complaint Information

Students taking classes at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga should attempt to resolve any issues or complaints with the University first using the procedures described in the Office of the Dean Of Students. For cases that cannot be satisfactorily resolved internally, the University is required to provide both current and prospective students with contact information for filing complaints with the appropriate agency in the state where the student resides. Please click on your state to be connected to the contact form should you have a complaint about UTC. 

Alabama Montana
Alaska Nebraska
Arizona Nevada
Arkansas New Hampshire
California New Jersey
Colorado New Mexico
Connecticut New York
Delaware North Carolina
District of Columbia North Dakota
Florida Ohio
Georgia Oklahoma
Hawaii Oregon
Idaho Pennsylvania
Illinois Rhode Island
Indiana South Carolina
Iowa South Dakota
Kansas Tennessee
Kentucky Texas
Louisiana Utah
Maine Vermont
Maryland Virginia
Massachusetts Washington
Michigan West Virginia
Minnesota Wisconsin
Mississippi Wyoming


If you have questions about inter-state authorization, visit the UT System State Authorization page.

This list includes contact information for all 50 states and should not be construed as informative of what agencies regulate the institution or in what states the University is licensed or required to be licensed.

The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga strives to keep this list current but it is possible that a state’s complaint process or contact information may change without UTC’s awareness. If the information given for your state is inaccurate, or if you are having difficulty contacting an agency in your state, please contact UTC Learn Online, (423)-425-5835 or email at utclearn@utc.edu.