If you are having trouble with UTC Learn, listed below are a few general troubleshooting steps to take.
UTC Learn relies heavily on your system to process pages; thus, if you have an older computer or browser, you will likely not have an optimal experience. Your computer's processing speed and memory will affect how quickly you interact with UTC Learn.
- Clear Your Browser's Cache. Sometimes errors are experienced due to cached files by your browser. Learn how to
clear your browser's cache here at the Brookhaven National Laboratory Web Services page.
- Use a Different Browser. See if you experience the same issue in a different browser. For Windows users, try
Chrome or Firefox. For Mac users, try Firefox or Safari. If the issue goes away, it
is possible your issue is due to how the original browser you used is configured.
UTC Learn recommends both Windows and Mac users use the latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
UTC Learn also require pop-up window blocking to be disabled.
- Update Your Browser. Make sure you are using the most recent version of your browser. Consult your browser's
help documentation on how to update it.
- Windows Internet Explorer or Edge Users. Use Chrome or Firefox instead.
- Clear Your Java Cache. Since UTC Learn relies heavily on Java, sometimes errors are experienced due to cached
Java files on your system. Learn how to clear your system's Java cache here.
- Update Your Java Version. Since UTC Learn relies heavily on Java, it is important to make sure your version of Java is up-to-date. Learn how to update your version of Java here: Windows | Mac
- Update Your Operating System. Keeping your operating system patched with the latest updates and security patches
is essential for a number of reasons. Learn how to update your operating system here: Windows | Mac
- Reboot Your Computer. When all else fails, try rebooting your computer....it is amazing how often this step can fix an issue with your system.
If you continue to experience a technical issue, please record the following information and provide this information to your instructor or support personnel to help better troubleshoot this issue: