- Create an innovative and engaging environment that nurtures an interest in students' academic welfare, progress, and retention.
- Promote critical thinking with an emphasis on integrated design and applied research.
- Facilitate effective, collaborative learning environments that support educational, community, and regional development partnerships.
- Prepare students to become socially, ethically, and environmentally responsible professionals.
- Provide students with the graphic and verbal communication skills necessary to contribute to our ever-evolving profession.
- Promote students' global perspective through domestic and international study tours.
- Encourage the acquisition and maintenance of professional development, certifications, and licenses.