Office 365 Project Overview
This page is an overview of the Office 365 Project.
Proposed Project Timeline
What is Office 365 for Education?
Office 365 for Education provides staff, faculty, and students email, online document editing and storage, access to the Office Web Apps, and Office 365 ProPlus which provides Microsoft Office for Windows and Mac at no additional cost.
Visit the Office 365 portal at: portal.office.com
- Email, Calendar, and Contacts
- OneDrive for Business
- Office Web Apps
- Office 365 Pro Plus
- Office for iPad
- Skype for Business
Email, Calendar, and Contacts
Use business-class email through a rich and familiar Outlook experience you can access from your mobile device, destkop client, or web browser.
- 50 GB dedicated email quota
- Exchange-based email, calendar, and contacts
- Better integration with Outlook
- Calendar Sharing among Faculty, Staff and Students
OneDrive for Business
Store documents and photos online so they can be accessed from any Internet-connected computer and be shared with others.
- Unlimited password-protected online storage
- Create private, shared, and public folders
- Deleted items go into the recycle bin, where they stay until they’re automatically removed 90 days later. During the 90-day period, you can remove files from the recycle bin to free up storage space or restore items to their original location if you’ve accidentally deleted them. Once a file has been removed from the recycle bin, it can no longer be recovered.
Office Web Apps
Office Web Apps are touch-friendly web applications that let you create, edit and share your Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote files from any browser.
Office 365 Pro Plus and Office for iPad
Due to the University's enterprise agreement with Microsoft, students are able to download and install Microsoft Office ProPlus desktop applications at no additional cost. Once a student has left the University, the Microsoft Office ProPlus subscription will end.
Skype for Business
Microsoft Skype for Business is a collaboration tool for instant messaging (IM), voice or video calls, and online meetings. Skype for Business/Lync for Mac is available for most computers and/or mobile devices, on campus or anywhere you have Internet access.