Adobe Named License Information
Effective in 2019, the UT system has renewed its system-wide contract with Adobe for Creative Cloud, Captivate and Presenter.
The new contract-licensing format for Creative Cloud is based on a subscription model that will require annual renewal (by July 1 of the following fiscal year). The new license format will be specific to individual users and will require UTC IT to assign licenses to employees to use Adobe products.
Benefits of the new license for individual users of Creative Cloud include:
- The ability for the employee to use the software on two computers at once, one of which may be a home computer.
- All Adobe products in the Creative Cloud suite will be available for download on an on-demand, per-app basis (Example: If Photoshop and Acrobat are all that’s needed on a computer, only those two apps selected will be downloaded/installed).
*Note—The benefits highlighted above are not available for Captivate or Presenter.
UTC departments may purchase licenses for Captivate and Presenter separately through UTC’s Help Desk by request.
- Employees must be entered in IRIS as a regular, full-time faculty or staff to be eligible for entitlement.
- Adjunct instructors, part-time staff and special titled employees (such as Affiliates and Friends of the University) do not qualify for entitlement.
- New employees will require at least a two-night sync for their Adobe entitlement eligibility to be added, allowing a Named License to be added to their account (required to use Adobe CC).
- Employees ending their employment with the University will lose access to Adobe effective the day after their status has been updated to “terminated” in IRIS.
- Student Employees may be provisioned with a Named License at the request of a Supervisor under the following conditions:
- Supervisor meets the full-time eligibility criteria mentioned above.
- Student Employee uses the Named License to conduct non-academic work for the department.
Requesting an Adobe Named License
Software Request Form
The Creative Cloud Suite and other software may be requested by completing and submitting a Software Request Form.
Learn more about the software request form process →
If you are an eligible member of Faculty or Staff based on all criteria stated above and would like a more direct, step-by-step guide to requesting and installing the newest version of Adobe, please refer to UTC’s IT knowledge base article on the process:
IT Knowledge Base: Obtaining Creative Cloud for UTC Employees →