Who We Are
UTC Information Security performs security activities to protect the university’s data, computers, networks, and users.
Some of these activities include:
- Develop policies, procedures and guidelines for securing university systems
- Consult with campus users and departments to investigate information security issues, perform risk assessments and propose products and processes to mitigate risk discovered
- Monitor the university networks to identify malicious activity
- Provide incident response for information security incidents
- Increase campus awareness of information security through training and communication
- Preserve the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability (CIA) of university or personal information
Report an Incident
Call Client Services at: 423-425-4000
Report suspected violations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Is there something phishy in your inbox?
Phishing attacks typically begin with an email pretending to be from someone you know or trust, such as a friend or company.
K@TE Awareness Training
All UTC faculty and staff are expected to complete annual security training through K@TE (Knowledge and Training Excellence).
Each calendar quarter the IT Security Team will hold an hour-long discussion in the University Center about relevant topics. Join us with your questions and reach out if you have a specific topic that you'd like us to cover.
For more information about the next topic and location, email Michael-Dinkins@utc.edu.
Learn more about how to secure your information and avoid pitfalls online.
Schedule a Security Training Session for your Organization
Schedule a session for your department or organization by calling 423-425-4507.