What is LinkedIn Learning?
LinkedIn Learning (formerly known as Lynda.com) is an online learning platform that provides access to thousands of courses and tutorials taught by experts and industry leaders. LinkedIn Learning allows you to learn new subjects and enables you to brush up on an existing skill you may already have.
Why LinkedIn Learning at UTC?
Formerly known as Lynda.com, here are some of the benefits and reasons UTC purchased licenses for faculty and staff:
- Breadth of content – LinkedIn Learning offers a high-quality library of over 13,000 on-demand, expert-led instructional videos.
- Flexible learning – Watch instructional videos on any device, on or offline, at your convenience.
- Learning history tracking – Your learning history can be tracked, courses you are interested in saved, and certifications you receive can be accomplished with a LinkedIn Learning license.
- Personalized learning – Curate your experience with trending skills in your field based on your likes, skills, and interests. Course recommendations can come from your manager, Human Resources or your colleagues.
- Ability to stay ahead – Insights from 575 million users help predict learning trends that will empower you to learn more.
- Connection to your LinkedIn profile – LinkedIn Learning offers the option to automatically update your LinkedIn profile with the courses you complete.
Who has access to LinkedIn Learning?
All UTC employees - faculty and staff - have a LinkedIn Learning account. Faculty will be able to access LinkedIn Learning starting the end of the week of March 30th and staff beginning the week of April 6 (due to the number of employees, access will be rolled out over two to three weeks).
What if I don’t have a LinkedIn Account?
You do not need a LinkedIn account to access LinkedIn Learning. The invite you receive will allow you to directly access the LinkedIn Learning courses and content without having a LinkedIn profile.
How do I access LinkedIn Learning the first time?
You will receive an email directly from LinkedIn Learning with the University of Tennessee Chattanooga prominently displayed in the message. Click on the “Get Started” link in the email and it will take you to the login page or you can click the button below. Click on ‘Reset Password’ and create a new password. Once inside, you will see the power “C” logo in the top menu bar.