Map a Network Drive to MySite in SharePoint
Some of SharePoint's functionality depends on ActiveX, which is only supported in Internet Explorer (32-bit). If you're using a web browser that is not Internet Explorer and you run into problems, try using Internet Explorer in compatibility mode instead. For more information about SharePoint browser support, select your version of SharePoint: SharePoint 2013, SharePoint 2010, SharePoint 2007.
In order to map a network drive (such as a shared departmental or private drive), you first must be granted access to the network drive.
- Open Windows Explorer by pressing 'Windows key' + 'E'
- Select 'Map network drive' from the toolbar
- Select a drive letter from the 'Drive' dropdown box
- Under the 'Folder' field, enter '\\spaces.utc.edu\sites\[MYSITE]'
- Replace [MYSITE] with the URL to the SharePoint site you want mapped
- Make sure to use backslashes and not forward slashes
- [MYSITE] can be replaced with any SharePoint document library that you have access to
- Check 'Reconnect at logon' if you want the drive to remain mapped across reboots
- Check 'Connect using different credentials'
- When prompted for credentials, enter your UTC ID and UTC password
- Check 'Remember my credentials' if you don't want to have to enter your credentials each time you connect
- Select 'OK'
Contact the Solutions Center by calling (423) 425-4000.
- Say you are having trouble mapping a SharePoint site to a network drive.
- To speed up the process, mention what troubleshooting steps you have already taken.