Add Colleagues to My Site in SharePoint
Some of SharePoint's functionality depends on ActiveX, which is only supported in Internet Explorer (32-bit). If you're using a web browser that is not Internet Explorer and you run into problems, try using Internet Explorer in compatibility mode instead.
- Open your web browser to your SharePoint My Site
- Select 'Get Started with My Site'
- Select 'Identify people you know'
- Select 'Add Colleagues'
- Under the 'Type Names' field, enter the name(s) of the colleague you want to add
- Select the icon that looks like a person with a check mark
- This checks the global address book for the name(s) you entered
- Alternatively, select the icon that looks like an open book to open the global address
- You can search for the colleague's name here
- Select the colleague's name and click 'Add ->'
- Select 'OK' to finish adding your colleague to My Site