The Network Services department works to design, develop, and implement a secure, reliable, and proficient wired and wireless network. Our purpose is to provide UTC Students, Faculty, and Staff with secure access to many of the resources available on and off campus.
Some of the services and equipment we provide and/or support are:
- 11+ gigabits of internet bandwidth over multiple off campus internet links
- Redundant DNS servers
- Redundant DHCP servers
- Network device monitoring via Intermapper
- Network access control functions via Network Sentry
- Supporting various network equipment in over 125 communications closets
- Includes network switches and routers, UPS systems, wireless access points, cabling, fiber, and other network related resources
- Often the equipment/services we support are rarely thought about unless they are broken.
Network statistics as of Feb. 17, 2016
Network Devices - The number of devices that make up UTC's network.
Internet Connectivity - UTC's connection to the outside world.
Network Users - The number of user devices using UTC's network.
The number of user devices only include ones registered through the campus network registration system. There are probably more than this owned by users, they just aren't using them on UTC's network.