In 2018, the state will offer Voluntary Vision benefits through a new vendor, Davis Vision.
- The network will change. It is important to check the network for your provider and
other providers in your area. You can look for your provider by going to http://www.davisvision.com/stateofTN. There is not a specific network name to enter.
- There are many added values to this year’s Voluntary Vision benefits, including an increased allowance for frames, lenses and contact lenses.
If you have Voluntary Vision coverage and want to keep it, you do not have to reenroll in Davis Vision unless you want to change your current coverage level (e.g., moving from Basic Plan to Expanded Plan). However, if you wish to change from the Basic Plan to the Expanded Plan or vice versa, you will need to make the change during the Annual Enrollment Period.
Eligible employees can choose from two Voluntary Vision options:
- Basic Plan: Offers discounted rates and allowances for services.
- Expanded Plan: Provides services with a combination of copays, greater allowances than the Basic Plan and discounted rates.
Both plans offer the same services, including:
- Routine eye exam once every calendar year
- Frames once every two calendar years
- Choice of eyeglass lenses or contact lenses once every calendar year
- Discount on LASIK/refractive surgery
In 2017, benefits are administered by EyeMed Vision Care
Eligible employees may choose between the Basic Plan and the Extended Plan. Both plans offer the same services including,
- annual routine eye exam (once every calendar year)
- frames (once every two calendar years)
- eyeglass lenses (once every calendar year)
- contact lenses (once every calendar year)
- discount on Lasik/refractive surgery
What you pay depends upon the plan you select.
With the Basic Plan, you pay a discounted rate or the plan pays a fixed-dollar allowance
for services and materials. The Expanded Plan provides services with a combination
of copays, allowances and discounted rates.
Our network is the Select Network. You will receive the maximum benefit when visiting a provider in the Select Network. However, out-of-network benefits are also available.