Room Assignment Guide for Fall 2021 Transfer Students
1. UTC ID
- In order to complete a housing application you must be admitted to the university and have set up your UTC ID and password.
- Your UTC ID consists of three letters and three numbers (abc123) provided in your acceptance packet.
- To set up your UTC ID and Password go to UTC Password Management and follow the New User instructions.
- Please note it may take a day or two after being admitted to be able to log in to the Manage My Housing system.
2. Review Buildings & Rates
- Building preferences are not guaranteed and are subject to availability.
3. Meal Plan
- All freshmen and sophomore students who live on campus are required to purchase a meal plan.
- Review the meal plan options before completing you application: Campus Dish
- Although meal plans are chosen through the housing application, please direct all meal plan questions to the Mocs Card Office at 423-425-5444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Communication between Housing and Students
- All communication is through the STUDENT’S UTC email account.
- If you have questions you may call 423-425-4304 or email email@example.com from your UTC email account.
- We would also like to remind you how quickly our housing fills. It is important for you to complete your application as soon as possible after being admitted.
5. Roommate Preferences
- Do you know someone attending UTC? Would you like to live with them? If so, exchange
full names and UTC IDs.
- Students will be able to create roommate groups up to 4.
- Incoming Transfer students can be matched with EITHER incoming freshmen OR current students. You cannot be in a group with both a freshman or current student due to separate assignment processes.
- Only mutual requests will be considered. All students in the group must accept the request.
Roommate preferences are not guaranteed and are subject to room availability.
Roommate Groups can be set up after you submit your application but before you select your room.
One person will need to initiate the roommate group.
Once the roommate group has been started through Manage My Housing each person will receive an email to accept the request to join the roommate group. Once accepted, it becomes a mutual request.
The group creator can add, delete, or change the roommate group at any time. If changes are made by the creator a notification of the change will be emailed to the roommates.
6. Roommate Matching Questions
On your application you will be asked to answer a few questions about yourself to help you find a compatible roommate.
APPLICATION AND APPLICATION FEE (Available February 1, 2021 at 8am EST)
- Log in to “Mange my Housing"
- Select “Apply for Housing”
- Fill out required information
- Pay the $25 application fee (onetime, non-refundable fee)
- Acceptable forms of payment: Credit or Debit Card - Visa or MasterCard
- Students will be emailed there assignment on the set dates, only a few 100 assignments will go out each date.
- Student wishing to cancel their housing need to complete the Housing Cancellation Request through their Manage My Housing account.
- Failure to agree to the contract AND pay the prepayment within the required 4 days will result in your room assignment and application being cancelled.
Assignment Dates (TBD)
Once assigned you have 4 days to pay your $400 pre-payment and electronically sign your contract to confirm your room.
- Should your plans to attend to UTC change the pre-payment may be refundable in full if cancellation is received prior to May 1, 2021. If cancellation is received prior to June 1, 2021 student will be refunded 50% of the pre-payment. After June 1, 2021 there are no refunds.
- Room changes after you have a booking: if you already have an assignment and are looking for room change options you can do so on the designated dates throughout the summer. You will have the option to room change as an individual or roommate group. You will only see beds available based on whether you select individual or beds available for your entire group.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How will I know when I’ve been assigned?
All communication is through the STUDENT’S UTC email account! Once assigned you will receive an email with instructions on how to confirm the assignment by paying the pre-payment.
How do I check my UTC email account?
- Click My MOCS Net
- Log in using your UTC ID & Password (included in your admissions packet)
- Once logged in click “Mocs Mail+” in the top right corner
What if I missed the deadline to pay the pre-payment? What happens to my room?
Students who do not pay the $400 pre-payment within the 4 days will have their application and assignment cancelled for non-payment. If you still plan to attend UTC, email firstname.lastname@example.org and request that your application be reactivated, you will then be eligible for the next assignment date.
How do I update my preferences (building and/or meal plan)?
Log in to Manage My Housing, click "Apply" click "update application"
I have decided to attend another university, what do I need to do?
- Please complete the “Housing Cancellation Request” through your Manage My Housing account to cancel your housing application.
- You will also want to contact admissions to cancel your enrollment. http://www.utc.edu/admissions/