Room Assignment Guide for Fall 2019 Transfer Students
1. UTC ID
- In order to complete a housing application you must be admitted to the university and have set up your UTC ID and password.
- Your UTC ID consists of three letters and three numbers (abc123) provided in your acceptance packet.
- To set up your UTC ID and Password go to UTC Password Management and follow the New User instructions.
- Please note it may take a day or two after being admitted to be able to log in to the Manage My Housing system.
2. Review Buildings & Rates
- Building preferences are not guaranteed and are subject to availability.
3. Meal Plan
- All freshmen and sophomore students who live on campus are required to purchase a meal plan.
- Review the meal plan options before completing you application: Campus Dish
- Although meal plans are chosen through the housing application, please direct all meal plan questions to the Mocs Card Office at (423) 425-5444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Communication between Housing and Students
- All communication is through the STUDENT’S UTC email account.
- If you have questions you may call 423-425-4304 or email email@example.com from your UTC email account.
- We would also like to remind you how quickly our housing fills. It is important for you to complete your application as soon as possible after being admitted.
APPLICATION AND APPLICATION FEE (Available February 4th, 2019 at 8am)
- Log into your “Mange my Housing Account”
- Click “Manage My Housing” twice
- Select “Apply for Housing”
- Fill out required information
- Pay the $25 application fee (onetime, non-refundable fee)
- Acceptable forms of payment:
- Credit or Debit Card - Visa or MasterCard
BE SURE TO CLICK "SUBMIT APPLICATION" at the bottom of the screen.
- Submitting an application does not guarantee you housing for the fall semester.
- Assignments will be made based on application complete date (earliest date first).
- Fall 2019 assignments will start in March 2019 and will continue throughout the summer.
- Check your UTC EMAIL ACCOUNT on the dates below.
- You will receive either a "You've been assigned" or "Assignment Pending" email.
- Not all students will be assigned each date.
|1st Round of Assignments||Thursday, March 21, 2019|
|1st Round Deadline||Sunday, March 31, 2019|
|2nd Round of Assignments||Thursday, April 4, 2019|
|2nd Round Deadline||Sunday, April 14, 2019|
|3rd Round of Assignments||Thursday, April 18, 2019|
|3rd Round Deadline||Sunday, April 28, 2019|
|4th Round of Assignments||Thursday, May 16, 2019|
|4th Round Deadline||Sunday, May 26, 2019|
|5th Round of Assignments||Thursday, May 30, 2019|
|5th Round Deadline||Sunday, June 9, 2019|
|6th Round of Assignments||Thursday, June 13, 2019|
|6th Round Deadline||Sunday, June 23, 2019|
You will receive an email by 5:00pm on assignment dates.
- Once assigned you have 10 days to pay your $400 pre-payment and electronically sign your contract to confirm your room.
- Should your plans to attend to UTC change the pre-payment may be refundable in full if cancellation is received prior to May 1, 2019. If cancellation is received prior to June 1, 2019 student will be refunded 50% of the pre-payment. After June 1, 2019 there are no refunds.
- Log into your “Mange My Housing” account
- Click “Mange my Housing” twice
- Click “Contracts and Assignments Confirmation”
- Accept Your Contract
- Pay your $400 pre-payment
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How will I know when I’ve been assigned?
All communication is through the STUDENT’S UTC email account! Once assigned you will receive an email with instructions on how to confirm the assignment by paying the pre-payment.
How do I check my UTC email account?
- Click My MOCS Net
- Log in using your UTC ID & Password (included in your admissions packet)
- Once logged in click “Mocs Mail+” in the top right corner
Why didn’t I get assigned to one of my building preferences?
The building you requested did not have space at the time of assignment to honor your request. Assignments are made based on application complete date and room availability and are not guaranteed.
Why can’t I list a roommate on my application?
We are unable to accommodate roommate requests for transfer students at this time.
What if I missed the deadline to pay the pre-payment? What happens to my room?
Students who do not pay the $400 pre-payment within the 10 days will have their application and assignment cancelled for non-payment. If you still plan to attend UTC, email firstname.lastname@example.org and request that your application be reactivated, you will then be eligible for the next assignment date.
How do I update my preferences (building and/or meal plan)?
Log in to Manage My Housing and select "Update Preferences"
I have decided to attend another university, what do I need to do?
- Please complete the “Housing Cancellation Request” through your Manage My Housing account to cancel your housing application.
- You will also want to contact admissions to cancel your enrollment. http://www.utc.edu/admissions/