Future Student FAQs
Only fish in a tank no larger than 10 gallons are allowed. ADA service animals are allowed. Emotional support animals, approved by the Disability Resource Center, may be permitted. Other animals are not permitted inside the Residence Halls/Apartments.
Please report to your complex office when you arrive to complete necessary paperwork. Resident Assistants (RA's) will be available throughout the weekend to assist you. Students that are participating in an organization that requires early arrival, such as Football or Band, please contact the appropriate person from that office for details regarding move in.
All complexes are fully furnished. You will need to bring bedding:
- Extra long twin (36" x 80") for Boling, Johnson Obear, Lockmiller and Stagmaier
- Most private bedrooms in Guerry, Decosimo, Stophel, Walker, and UCF are full size
and Lockmiller (2 person room only)
- check Manage My Housing to verify your size
- Regular twin for shared rooms in Guerry
Things to coordinate with roommates:
- Small kitchen appliances: toaster, coffee maker, toaster oven, microwave (JO, BOL, LCK, STAG) etc.
- Pots, pans and dishes
- Living room and bedroom TV's
- Shower curtains & rings (rod provided)
- Cleaning supplies: vacuum, mop, broom, disinfectants, etc.
- Laundry Basket
- Bike and Bike Lock
- Safe/Lock box
- Glade Plug Ins
- Command Hooks
- Spring rod for curtains
All freshmen and sophomores that live on campus are required to have a meal plan.
- Juniors and Seniors may choose not to have a meal plan
- Freshmen, Sophomore, Junior or Senior status is based on your current credit hours
- If your credit hours change after a semester ends resulting in your classification changing, you may log in to Manage My Housing to update your meal plan preference.
- The University classifies undergraduate students as freshmen, sophomores, juniors,
or seniors according to the number of credit hours the student has completed. The
following table presents the relation between class standing and semesters hours completed.
- Freshman: 0-29 semester hours
- Sophomore: 30-59 semester hours
- Junior: 60-89 semester hours
- Senior: 90 or more semester hours
Yes. While it is advisable for every freshmen student to live on campus, exceptions to the requirement can be made under the following circumstances.
- Students that are living at home with a parent/guardian and live within 45 miles from campus while attending UTC as a freshman.
- Those students who are married while attending UTC as a freshman.
- Students that have dependent children living with them while attending UTC as a freshman.
- Students that suffer with a medical condition(s) that makes campus living an unrealistic option.
RESIDENCY REQUIREMENTS: All first year Freshmen are required to live on campus. Students may apply for an exception if they: live within a 45 mile radius, are married and / or have a child(ren), have medical condition preventing them from living in a campus environment.
Once a freshmen student has moved into on-campus housing, they are required to live on campus for that academic year. Freshmen withdrawing from housing will be assessed a fee for terminating your contract. Fee charges will be the equivalent to the remaining monies due on your housing contract for the academic year. If you have any questions, please call us so we can provide any additional information you may need to make an informed decision: (423) 425-4304.
Since you are using Internet Explorer follow the instructions below:
Click the Wingnut in the top right corner
Click “Internet Options”
Click “Privacy” tab
Check Box “Override automatic cookie handling”
Click “Accept” under First Party Cookies
Click “Prompt” under Third-Party Cookies
Check Box “Always allow session cookies”
Now, return to your application, go back one step and then forward again. You should now be able to continue through the payment step.