Future Student FAQs

Only fish in a tank no larger than 10 gallons are allowed. ADA service animals are allowed. Emotional support animals, approved by the Disability Resource Center, may be permitted. Other animals are not permitted inside the Residence Halls/Apartments.

Operation Move-In

Please report to your complex office when you arrive to complete necessary paperwork. Resident Assistants (RA's) will be available throughout the weekend to assist you. Students that are participating in an organization that requires early arrival, such as Football or Band, please contact the appropriate person from that office for details regarding move in.

All complexes are fully furnished. You will need to bring bedding:

  • Extra long twin (36" x 80") for Boling, Johnson Obear, Lockmiller and Stagmaier
  • Most private bedrooms in Guerry, Decosimo, Stophel, Walker, and UCF are full size and Lockmiller (2 person room only)
    • check Manage My Housing to verify your size
  • Regular twin for shared rooms in Guerry 

Things to coordinate with roommates:

  • Small kitchen appliances: toaster, coffee maker, toaster oven, microwave (JO, BOL, LCK, STAG) etc.
  • Pots, pans and dishes
  • Living room and bedroom TV's 
  • Shower curtains & rings (rod provided)
  • Decorations
  • Cleaning supplies: vacuum, mop, broom, disinfectants, etc.

Other Items:

  • Bedding
  • Towels
  • Laundry Basket

Optional Items:

  • Bike and Bike Lock
  • Safe/Lock box
  • Curtains
  • Glade Plug Ins
  • Command Hooks
  • Spring rod for curtains
Weapons, drugs (possession of illegal drugs may result in removal of housing and loss of any fees that have been paid), alcohol, mini-fridges, halogen lamps, candles or candle warmers, large knives (kitchen knives only), hookahs, fireworks, gas or charcoal grills, incense, and animals are not allowed. The best rule of thumb is, if you are not sure it is allowed, either do not bring it or call us beforehand. Please do not use 2 sided sticky tapes for personalizing of your room. For Guerry, Decosimo, Stophel, Walker, UCF and West Campus; you may use small nails and in Boling, Johnson Obear,  Lockmiller and Stagmaier you may use “tough tack”.
Everyone is allowed to bring their own car and to purchase parking passes to any of the available lots on campus. Contact Parking Services at (423) 425-4051 or Parking Services Website for more information.
All leases by default are 9 month (academic year) leases. Spring only option will be available to select in late November or early December.
Current students may pull-in roommates during the room selection period. Incoming Freshmen go through auto-assignment where the computer assigns a room based on the information submitted on your housing application. Building and roommate preferences are not guaranteed and are subject to availability.
At this time we do not offer married/family housing. 
All students wanting to live on campus will need to log in to "Manage My Housing", complete the appropriate application and pay the appropriate fees. Please reference the Guides on the Housing Home Page for specific information. 

All freshmen and sophomores that live on campus are required to have a meal plan.

  • Juniors and Seniors may choose not to have a meal plan
  • Freshmen, Sophomore, Junior or Senior status is based on your current credit hours earned.
    • If your credit hours change after a semester ends resulting in your classification changing, you may log in to Manage My Housing  to update your meal plan preference.
    • The University classifies undergraduate students as freshmen, sophomores, juniors, or seniors according to the number of credit hours the student has completed. The following table presents the relation between class standing and semesters hours completed.
      • Freshman: 0-29 semester hours
      • Sophomore: 30-59 semester hours
      • Junior: 60-89 semester hours
      • Senior: 90 or more semester hours

UTC Dining

Yes. While it is advisable for every freshmen student to live on campus, exceptions to the requirement can be made under the following circumstances.

  • Students that are living at home with a parent/guardian and live within 45 miles from campus while attending UTC as a freshman.
  • Those students who are married while attending UTC as a freshman.
  • Students that have dependent children living with them while attending UTC as a freshman.
  • Students that suffer with a medical condition(s) that makes campus living an unrealistic option.

RESIDENCY REQUIREMENTS: All first year Freshmen are required to live on campus.  Students may apply for an exception if they:  live within a 45 mile radius, are married and / or have a child(ren), have medical condition preventing them from living in a campus environment.

Once a freshmen student has moved into on-campus housing, they are required to live on campus for that academic year. Freshmen withdrawing from housing will be assessed a fee for terminating your contract. Fee charges will be the equivalent to the remaining monies due on your housing contract for the academic year. If you have any questions, please call us so we can provide any additional information you may need to make an informed decision: (423) 425-4304.

Log in to Manage My Housing and complete the Residency Exception Form.
Yes. If you are married, please send the Housing Office a copy of your marriage license.  If you have a child(ren), please send the Housing Office a copy of your child(ren) birth certificate.  If you have a medical condition, please have your medical practitioner submit a letter stating you condition(s) and why campus living is not appropriate.

Since you are using Internet Explorer follow the instructions below:

Click the Wingnut in the top right corner

Click “Internet Options”

Click “Privacy” tab

Click Advanced

Check Box “Override automatic cookie handling”

Click “Accept” under First Party Cookies

Click “Prompt” under Third-Party Cookies

Check Box “Always allow session cookies”

Click OK

Click Apply

Click OK

Now, return to your application, go back one step and then forward again. You should now be able to continue through the payment step.