Spring 2020 Move Out
As you may have heard or read in the recent announcement from Governor Lee, University of Tennessee Interim President Randy Boyd, and University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Chancellor Steven Angle, institutions of higher education in the state of Tennessee have suspended face to face classes for the remainder of the spring term. This announcement requires us to take additional steps regarding campus housing accommodations.
Due to ongoing concerns over the spread of COVID-19, we are asking residents to remove all their belongings and check out of their assigned space in campus housing between March 18th and March 31st.
The residence halls will close on Tuesday, March 31st, 2020 at 5:00 pm until further notice.
- Use the building links below to sign up for a move out time.
- This is your timeslot to arrive, remove all belongings and checkout.
- Once you have removed your belongings, report to your complex office to sign out and turn in your key.
- Report any damages that have occurred while living in the room/apartment at checkout.
- If you have already removed all your belongings from your room:
- Sign up for the timeslot for your building labeled "will mail key"
- Tape your key to a sheet of paper with your Name, UTC ID and Room Number.
- Mail your key to UTC Housing, 615 McCallie Ave. Dept. 2202, C/O (Building Name) Chattanooga, TN 37403
- UTC parking policies are still in effect. Park in lots that match your parking hang tag.
- Meter parking is managed and enforced by the City of Chattanooga, please follow their policies to avoid tickets.
- Check your mailbox at the complex. If you have packages at mail services, please pick them up from the Administration Building on Palmetto Avenue.
- We strongly discourage interaction between communities that will increase exposure.
SignUp based on the building you live in:
*if you are unable to return to campus please email firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know.
Hardship Cases and Exception Requests
If you have special circumstances (housing insecurities, homeless, international, out-of-state travel insecurities) and need to remain in on-campus housing, we have created an online form to indicate your housing needs (documentation is needed for approval). We are asking all resident students to complete the Hardship/Exception Form through Manage My Housing (use Internet Explorer or Chrome) by Saturday, March 21, 2020 at noon.
- The university is currently working to determine the status of summer housing options, and we will share more information via the UTC Housing website when it becomes available.
- We are determining a process for pro-rating refunds for university room and board, and are working through how best to do this. We will not have a specific plan or answers for a couple of weeks.