Think you have the best apartment or suite in your complex on campus?
Apply to represent your complex by becoming a tour apartment for Housing and Residence Life for the 2017-2018 Academic year! Showrooms will be selected from Johnson Obear, Boling, Stagmaier, Lockmiller and UC Foundation.
**Complete an application on MocSync (Orgsync) by noon on Monday, August 28th by noon.**
If chosen, the showroom opportunity is a scholarship value at half of the fall rate. Keep in mind this scholarship may impact your financial aid. Your apartment will serve as the showroom for your complex. This means that potential students, parents, and other visitors will tour your apartment on a daily basis (Monday – Friday and on special weekends) to gain a better understanding of housing at UTC and, in turn, this opportunity will make you, your roommates, and your apartment representatives of UTC. Although you will not be charged with guiding visitors through your apartment, serving as a showroom does come with requirements, responsibilities, and benefits. Read through them carefully before submitting your application.
- Each resident of the apartment will receive a discount on the price of the room for fall and spring semester. The discount will equal half of the total room price for your complex. It is prorated scholarship for half of your semester rate for your specific room.
- You will play an integral part in shaping visitors’ opinion and attitude toward UTC, University Residence Life, and the Admissions Office.
- You must reside in a four-person or six-person apartment.
- All residents of the apartment must agree to serve as the showroom for your assigned complex. If a change in occupancy occurs, the new roommate must also agree to participate.
- All roommates must consent to the Admissions Office possessing keys (keys will be provided by Residence Life) and gaining access to the apartment during specified tour times and special events. (Dates and times will be provided if selected)
- The apartment must be kept clean and smell good at all times.
- Decorations should be appropriate for visitors and should promote ONLY UTC.
- No illegal, offensive, or prohibited items should be in the apartment.
- The apartment must be available for tours on a daily basis. Specific dates and times will be determined by admissions. Advanced notice will be given for special events.
- In addition to the application, you must send pictures of all rooms in your apartment, including all common areas and bedrooms to Anna-Burton@utc.edu.
- Picture Expectations (8 pictures max):
- 1 picture of each room (Each bedroom, each bathroom, kitchen and living room)
- Application closes at noon on Monday, August 28, 2017.
- If your apartment is selected to interview/judged to serve as the showroom, you will be contacted via e-mail by Anna Burton, Assistant Director of Guest Relations and Outreach for the Housing and Residence Life Department.
- Showroom Contest judging will take place the week of Monday, August 28th. Anna Burton will coordinate the time the judges will stop by your apartment.
- At least one resident must be present at the interview/judging.
- Make sure your apartment (every room) is ready for judging.
- All applicants will be notified of the selection committee’s decision by Thursday, August 31st.
- Each resident from the winning showrooms will meet with Anna Burton to sign the Showroom Contract. Anna Burton will coordinate the Showroom meeting to discuss expectations, answer questions and provide the showroom contracts.
- Showroom tour will begin on Monday, Sept. 4th.