Here’s some helpful information to keep on hand when living on campus.
Channel Line Up
- For a list of networks and channels, check out our channel lineup.
- Are you having trouble connecting with campus cable? Get some help by visiting Cable TV FAQs.
Use Laundry View to keep up with the status of your laundry.
Or study up on how to use our washers and dryers in the community laundry rooms.
On-call staff members are available to respond to a variety of student needs, including facility-related emergencies.
- If you need help, call your complex office for assistance first.
- If the office is not open, then the office door will have signs posted with the on-call numbers which are also listed below.
- If the emergency is facility-related, then the on-call staff member will have access to maintenance personnel who are able to respond.
- Be prepared to provide as much detail as possible, so that the on-call staff member can aid with the appropriate and timely response.
Office Phone Numbers: office hours are Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 10 p.m.; Saturday - Sunday 5 - 10 p.m.
- Boling Apartments: 423-425-8300
- Johnson Obear Apartments: 423-425-8500
- Lockmiller/Palmetto Apartments: 423-425-8400
- Stagmaier: 423-425-8900
- Guerry or Decosimo: 423-425-5900
- Stophel: 423-425-5911
- Walker and UC Foundation Apartments: 423-425-5907
- West Campus: 423-425-1040
After Hours On-Call Numbers: the cell phone numbers to call outside of regular office hours
- Boling Apartments: 423-355-0030 and 423-355-0031
- Johnson Obear Apartments: 423-355-0032 and 423-355-0034
- Lockmiller/Stagmaier/Palmetto: 423-355-0028 and 423-355-0029
- Walker/UC Foundation: 423-355-0041 and 423-355-0043
- Guerry/Decosimo: 423-355-0044 and 423-355-0046
- Stophel: 423-355-0022 and 423-355-0027
- West Campus: 423-355-4817 and 423-355-4774
* For emergencies, call Campus Police at 423-425-4357
Emergency maintenance issues should be called in to your complex office or RA On Call (numbers posted above) or Campus Police at 423-425-4357.
- Log in to Manage My Housing.
- Enter your UTC ID and password, click login.
- Use the Room Maintenance link to submit requests.
- You can submit a job for your bedroom or a shared job for the apartment common space. Only students checked in will be able to submit requests.
- Choose My Jobs or Shared Jobs from the drop down.
- For existing jobs the status changes to “Created” once it has been accepted as a work order. It will change to “Complete” once the work has been finished and the job closed.
- Creating a New Job
- Select a room category
- My Room = Bedroom
- Shared Rooms = Apartment Common areas (living room, bathroom, etc)
- Select a room and fill in all the fields: Category, Item, Description (provide a detailed
description of the issue and be specific).
Ceiling light in living room is out, not light out
Left living room blind broken, not blind broken
C&D bathroom toilet clogged, not toilet clogged
Back right burner will not turn on, not stove not working
- Select a room category
- Click the "I agree to allow a staff member into my room while I am not there" box
- Click "Save Job"
- You will see submitted and approved requests on the Maintenance page once you select Room Maintenance. This should also show you any requests your roommates have submitted.
All residence halls will close on Wednesday, December 9, 2020.
Learn more about the check out process, room changes and seeking permission to stay over break.
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, in collaboration with the Department of Housing and Residence Life, congratulates the academic and scholastic efforts of our residents during the fall semesters.
A UTC Housing and Residence Life student initiated the Scholars in Residence Honors Program in 1990. At that time the student was serving as an Assistant Resident Director of Lockmiller Apartments and wished to recognize on-campus residents who had excelled academically.
The tradition continues of promoting and recognizing the scholastic achievement of the residents. Each year on Presidents Day the Housing and Residence Life Department hosts a ceremony and reception for the students who made the Dean's List during the fall semester.
The University does not assume responsibility for loss or damage to personal property while living in university residence halls or apartments.
After determining what it would cost to replace your more expensive belongings, check to see if your family homeowner's insurance would cover the loss. Be sure to check the deductibles (what you are responsible for paying before the insurance company will pay). These tend to be $500-$1,000 and it may not cover certain types of loss like, breakage, accidental damage, flood, water/sewer backup, etc. and may have restrictions on certain types of property like electronics.
To help with your choice, The University of Tennessee System has made arrangements with Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. to offer specialized student property protection. Special provisions and benefits of their policy include:
- Replacement Cost Valuation
- Accidental Damage
- Flood and Earthquake coverage
- Theft and Burglary
- Water Damage
- Low Deductibles starting at $25
- Worldwide Coverage
- Limited Identity Theft Expense Coverage
- Premiums as low as $69 annually
You can also add Liability Coverage to your policy for only $42.12 a year. This will cover you if you damage your room and the University asks for you to pay for damages or in the event another student sues you for damaging their property in the event of a loss.
For more information visit UT System Risk Management Website