Here’s some helpful information to keep on hand when living on campus.
Channel Line Up
- For a list of networks and channels, check out our channel lineup.
- Are you having trouble connecting with campus cable? Get some help by visiting Cable TV FAQs.
Movie Streaming Service
- Res Life Cinema, channel 2.3, is always playing movies selected by your Residence Hall Association (RHA) members.
- Or you can stream movies online at movies.utc.edu. With over 100 movies available and more added each month, this site can be used anywhere on campus through UTC’s wifi.
Use Laundry View to keep up with the status of your laundry.
Or study up on how to use our washers and dryers in the community laundry rooms.
On-call staff members are available to respond to a variety of student needs, including facility-related emergencies.
- If you need after-hours or holiday help, call your complex office for assistance first.
- If the office is not open, then the office door will have signs posted that state who is on call and how to get in touch with them.
- If the emergency is facility-related, then the on-call staff member will have access to maintenance personnel who are able to respond.
- Be prepared to provide as much detail as possible, so that the on-call staff member can aid with the appropriate and timely response.
Office Phone Numbers: office hours are Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 10 p.m.; Saturday - Sunday 5 - 10 p.m.
- Boling Apartments: 423-425-8300
- Johnson Obear Apartments: 423-425-8500
- Lockmiller Apartments: 423-425-8400
- Stagmaier: 423-425-8990
- Guerry or Decosimo: 423-425-5900
- Stophel: 423-425-5911
- Walker and UC Foundation Apartments: 423-425-5907
- West Campus: 423-425-1040
After Hours On-Call Numbers: the cell phone numbers to call outside of regular office hours
- Boling Apartments: 423-355-0030 and 423-355-0031
- Johnson Obear Apartments: 423-355-0032 and 423-355-0034
- Lockmiller/Stagmaier: 423-355-0028 and 423-355-0029
- Walker/UC Foundation: 423-355-0041 and 423-355-0043
- Guerry/Decosimo: 423-355-0044 and 423-355-0046
- Stophel: 423-355-0022 and 423-355-0027
- West Campus: 423-355-4817 and 423-355-4774
* For emergencies, call Campus Police at 423-425-4357
Follow these instructions for submitting a maintenance request.
Remember, for emergency maintenance during office hours call your complex or the housing office at 423-425-4304; after hours call the RA on call (the number posted on office window) or Campus Police at 423-425-4357.
- Log in to Manage My Housing.
- Enter your UTC ID and password.
- Click Login.
- Under Current Resident Request Forms click “Submit Maintenance Request”
- Under Request Type: Select the type that closely matches your issue. If you’re not sure, select MISC.
- In the description include the item that needs repair and as much detail as possible.
Ex: “Left living room blind broken” not “living room blind broken”
“C&D bathroom toilet clogged” not “toilet clogged”
“Back right burner will not turn on” not “stove not working”
- Submit Request
You will be able to see a log of submitted requests as well as notes and comments on each request.
All residence halls will close on Wednesday, Dec. 12, 2018 for Winter Break.
Learn more about the check out process, room changes and seeking permission to stay over break.
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, in collaboration with the Department of Housing and Residence Life, congratulates the academic and scholastic efforts of our residents during the fall semesters.
A UTC Housing and Residence Life student initiated the Scholars in Residence Honors Program in 1990. At that time the student was serving as an Assistant Resident Director of Lockmiller Apartments and wished to recognize on-campus residents who had excelled academically.
The tradition still continues of promoting and recognizing the scholastic achievement of the residents. Each year on Presidents Day the Housing and Residence Life Department hosts a ceremony and reception for the students who made the Dean's List during the fall semester.
The University does not assume responsibility for loss or damage to personal property while living in university residence halls or apartments.
After determining what it would cost to replace your more expensive belongings, check to see if your family homeowner's insurance would cover the loss. Be sure to check the deductibles (what you are responsible for paying before the insurance company will pay). These tend to be $500-$1,000 and it may not cover certain types of loss like, breakage, accidental damage, flood, water/sewer backup etc. and may have restrictions on certain types of property like electronics.
To help with your choice, The University of Tennessee System has made arrangements with Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. to offer specialized student property protection. Special provisions and benefits of their policy include:
- Replacement Cost Valuation
- Accidental Damage
- Flood and Earthquake coverage
- Theft and Burglary
- Water Damage
- Low Deductibles starting at $25
- Worldwide Coverage
- Limited Identity Theft Expense Coverage
- Premiums as low as $69 annually
You can also add Liability Coverage to your policy for only $42.12 a year. This will cover you if you damage your room and the University asks for you to pay for damages or in the event another student sues you for damaging their property in the event of a loss.
For more information visit UT System Risk Management Website