Congratulations to Lockmiller & Stagmaier for Winning Green Wars Fall 2016!
What is Green Wars?
Green Wars is part of a long-lasting, impacting initiative that aims to improve and educate students on their actions and how they affect the environment in which they live. The initiative is a competition between complexes to try to win an overall prize of giveaways and social.
The competition will be a three part competition. Updates will be featured on bulletins board/common areas during the middle and at the end of the competition. There are 3 ways buildings can earn points to win the green wars competition:
- Attend Complex Sustainability Event
- Social Media Campaign (#UTCgreenwars)
- Number of bags with recycled goods collected from complexes
When is Green Wars?
October 17-November 11, 2016
How can I earn points for my complex?
- Sustainability Event: The residents and resident assistants of each complex will host a sustainability event. The complex that has the most participation will get 5 points. The complex with the second highest attendance will get 4 points. The complex with the third highest attendance will get 3 points.
- Social Media Campaign: Residents can take a picture or “selfie” of the ways they practice sustainability on campus. Each entry can be submitted through Instagram with the hashtag #UTCgreenwars & the post must explain what the resident is doing to be more sustainable. Each picture collected will count as .5 points. Resident assistants are not eligible to earn points for their complex in the category.
- Bags of Recycling: Bags of recycling will be counted and collected during the event by Orange Grove. The complex with the highest amount of recycling per capita will get 5 points. The complex with the second highest amount of recycling per capita will get 4 points. The complex with the third highest amount of recycling per capita will get 3 points.
Each week of Green Wars will have a different educational topic. There will be a fact sheet sent out to all residents on campus to educate them about each topic. Also, facts will be posted on social media throughout each week.
- Week 1: Recycling and plastic bags
- Week 2: Waste & trash
- Week 3: Electricity
- Week 4: Water