Thank you for your interest in the Learning and Leadership Doctoral Programs (Ed.D./Ph.D.). We are not accepting applications.
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution or foreign equivalent
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above on all prior graduate work
- Minimum of two years of professional experience, preferably in a leadership role
- Completed Graduate School Application
- Non-refundable application fee (first time UTC Graduate students only)
- Official transcripts (all institutions attended, even if a degree was not awarded)
- Official GRE General Test scores (waived for Summer 2021 applicants)
- Completed Learning and Leadership Program Application
- Statement of Purpose Essay
- Current resume/CV
- Three (3) Learning and Leadership recommendations
- Application Self-Service Center (link: Application Self-Service)
- Sign in to the Self-Service Center to continue working on a saved application or to check status of submitted application materials
Admission Process (Summer 2021 cohort)
Please refer to the Admission Timeline below. Following the review of complete applications in March, the Program Office will contact select applicants via email to schedule an interview to be held via video conference in mid-April. Applicants will be notified of admission status by May 1 via email. New cohort members will enroll in a required foundational course, LEAD 7000 Learning and Leadership Integration and Assimilation (1 credit hour), during the initial Summer semester. The foundational course includes two required synchronous face-to-face meetings on June 5 and July 24 (8:00 am - 5:00 pm ET daily) and material work in the Virtual Classroom (online) through discussions and readings. The face-to-face synchronous meetings will be held on the UT-Chattanooga campus or via Zoom video conference. Specific Summer enrollment information will be distributed by the Program Office upon acceptance.
Admission Timeline (Summer 2021 cohort)
December 2020 - February 2021: Applications are processed by the UTC Graduate School
February 26, 2021: Application deadline (Summer 2021 cohort)
March 2021: Complete applications are routed to the academic department for review by the Admission Committee
Mid-April 2021: The admission evaluation process continues and interviews are conducted via video conference
May 1, 2021: Applicants are notified of admission status by May 1 and specific Summer 2021 foundational course information (LEAD 7000 Learning and Leadership Integration and Assimilation – 1 credit hour) is distributed to accepted participants
Summer 2021: Enrollment in foundational course, LEAD 7000 Learning and Leadership Integration and Assimilation. Course activities include two required synchronous face-to-face meetings on June 5 and July 24 (8:00 am - 5:00 pm ET daily) and material work in the Virtual Classroom (online) through discussions and readings.
Fall 2021: Course enrollment continues (6 core credit hours)