(choose 4 of the following if you are attending a full CK, Now! day)
1. Understanding Collegiate Athletics
- An activity in which your students will interact with UTC student athletes. Kids will learn about the importance of academics within athletics, good behavior, and eating healthy.
2. Living Like A College Student
- During this elective your students will tour a UTC model residence hall led by a staff member of UTC Housing.
3. The College Corner
- This one really gets the kids up and moving! The College Corner is a kinesthetic activity in which your students will become familiar with collegiate concepts and terminology.
4. Career Clusters
- An activity that digs a little deeper into postsecondary options and career awareness. Your students will learn about the different careers that may come from different postsecondary educational institutions. In addition, students will be able to show off their creative side by making their their own Career Booklet
- Students will visit the UTC Challenger Center (STEM-based learning) and participate in activities that introduce them to 3-D printing and computer coding.
6. Global Education with Mr. Takeo Suzuki
Students will experience an awesome presentation from UTC's Director of Global Education (International Students), Mr. Takeo Suzuki. Your students will learn about globalization, compare/contrast American and Japanese societies, practice a foreign language, and discover the rich history and culture of Japan (including sushi, Hello Kitty, Pokemon, and more!). *NOTE: this elective should be booked well in advance so that Mr. Suzuki can block time on his calendar.*
7. Thinking on Your Feet
- Improvisation skills for students to become better leaders and listeners in a variety of situations with the Southeast Center for Education in the Arts
8. Scrappy’s Search
- Kinesthetic scavenger hunt encouraging team building and college terminology