Welcome to the UTC Asia Program
Learn about our first extensive publication for teachers: UTC Asia Program 2018 NCTA Teaching Modules
Developed by seven NCTA Faculty Fellows the instructional modules encompass a variety of significant themes, but all share the following commonalities:
- An emphasis upon rich and intellectually engaging East Asia history and social science content
- Are designed so that teachers and students may use all or parts of each module
- Include exemplary digital resources and practical pedagogical strategies
- Fellows first taught early versions of their modules and subsequently made modifications
- Faculty Fellows working with UTC Asia Program staff further refined and augmented all modules
- Modules are focused but flexible; revisions resulted in more instructional options
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Asia Program is directed by Professor Lucien Ellington. The major mission of the Asia Program is the provision of educational opportunities for elementary, middle, and high school teachers.
The UTC Asia Program derives most of its funding from external sources. Projects encompassed in the Asia Program include:
Find us on Facebook!
For further information about any of the Asia Program's projects, please contact Jeffrey Melnik at [email protected] or at our department's contact information listed at the bottom of this page.