General Education Statistics Category Outcomes
Students must complete three (3) credit hours in the Statistics Category. Some students may not be eligible to enroll in general education courses in this category until they fulfill prescribed course requirements. Check prerequisite and co-requisite requirements for courses certified for this category for specific information.
The purpose of this category is to develop students' ability to use statistical reasoning in their personal and professional lives.
Upon completion of the required credit hours in this category, students will be able to:
- Apply conceptual understandings of basic statistical principles to real-world situations.
- Use statistical thinking.
- Explain statistical concepts and interpret statistical results using appropriate statistical vocabulary.
- Apply techniques of descriptive and inferential statistics and basic probability principles to real data.
- Recognize the strengths and limitations of statistics in addressing human problems and conduct investigations of statistically accessible problems.
- Use software packages for data analysis and statistical understanding.