With over 127 million people, Mexico is the 11th largest economy worldwide in terms of gross domestic product and second in Latin America. This course will focus on the economic, political, and social issues surrounding Mexico’s developing market and its business relations with the United States. This course is designed to provide students with a truly real-world experience in international business and public relations, where they will gain an understanding of the Mexican culture and learn the challenges and opportunities of doing business in Mexico, firsthand. Students will also participate in business visits and discussions with Mexican business leaders and professors, while sharing in a different, and unforgettable cultural experience.
UPAEP, UTC's partner university in Puebla, Mexico, is setting up all cultural and business visits and will be the host to students while on this study trip. Students will stay in UPAEP residence halls and attend specially designed classes and lectures at the University. UPAEP professors will join the UTC course instructor in leading these class sessions.
Comments from previous students
- “It’s the best way to get a better global understanding of business abroad. The experience was invaluable by adding practicality to theory. Besides the educational benefits, it’s just fun. The whole time you don’t know you are learning.”
- “The greatest part of the trip for me was learning not only the Mexican business culture, but being immersed in Mexican culture in general. We toured historic churches and other sites, ate in genuine Mexican restaurants, all while learning how Mexican businesses are different than American businesses.”
- “The trip to Mexico is a cultural experience everyone should enjoy at least once. Learning about the Spanish-Mexican history of trade with the United States from many years ago to the present, seeing the cultural sites, eating the cuisine of a neighboring country, and meeting people with a different outlook is a very enriching experience. Sign up for the Mexico class today!"
*No prior business coursework required*
*No Spanish language knowledge needed*
- Open to any major with at least junior standing
- 2.5 minimum GPA
- Open to students from any program
- 3.0 minimum GPA