Provost's Scholars Program
Renewable award of $4,000 per year for first-time freshmen.
To be eligible for this scholarship, first-time freshmen should first apply for admission.The next step is to apply for scholarships. Both applications are required for candidates to be considered for this scholarship.
Since funding is limited, consideration will only be given to students entering UTC in the fall semester and who meet the following criteria:
- UTC Admissions file (application, application fee, high school transcript, and ACT/SAT score) by December 1 2019 (qualifying test scores/GPA must also be submitted to UTC Admissions by December 1 2019 as well);
- 3.4 GPA and 25 ACT composite score (1200 SAT);
- Online scholarship application submitted by January 10, 2020.
Students may receive an additional $3,500 in Tennessee HOPE Lottery Scholarship funds, if eligible.
This scholarship cannot be stacked with other renewable scholarships or endowed scholarships offered through the UTC Financial Aid and Scholarships or Admissions offices.
Apply early. Scholarship funds are limited and the awarding process is competitive. Meeting the eligibility requirements does not guarantee a student will receive a scholarship. The best way to improve your candidacy is to submit all required materials as soon as possible.
- This scholarship is renewable and you can receive up to a total of eight (8) semesters.
- You must enroll full-time each Fall & Spring semester (12+ credit hours).
Your academic performance is reviewed at the end of each spring semester. You need 30 overall passed hours at the end of your first year; 60 overall passed at the end of your second and so on. PLEASE NOTE - ANY/ALL college credit earned while you were in high school Will Be considered in this review (i.e. dual enrollment or AP credits).
- Additionally, at the end of each spring, your overall cumulative GPA must be at least a 3.250 to renew your Provost's Scholarship.
- Accepting your award does not represent a binding commitment to attend UTC.
- There is not a regain option for students who do not meet the renewal criteria.