Renewable award of $3,000 per year for first-time freshmen.
Applicants who meet all the criteria below will be considered for the $3,000 a year award:
- Tennessee resident
- Minimum 3.0 high school GPA and minimum 19 ACT composite score (990 SAT)
- Demonstrate strong financial need as determined by the FAFSA
- *File the FAFSA and complete any financial aid requirements. Complete the FAFSA as soon as possible after it becomes available on October 1, 2019.
*Note: Awarding will begin in April. Applicants with incomplete files at that time (Admissions, FAFSA or Financial Aid) will not be considered.
To be eligible for this scholarship, first-time freshmen should first apply for admission.
The next step is to apply for scholarships. Both applications are required for candidates to be considered for this scholarship.
Since funding is limited, consideration will only be given to students entering UTC in the fall semester and who have a completed UTC Admissions file (application, application fee, high school transcript and ACT/SAT score) by December 1, 2019. A student’s qualifying test scores/GPA also must be submitted to UTC Admissions by December 1, 2019.
This scholarship cannot be stacked with other renewable scholarships or endowed scholarships offered through the UTC Financial Aid and Scholarships or Admissions offices.
Apply early. Scholarship funds are limited and the awarding process is competitive. Meeting the eligibility requirements does not guarantee receiving a scholarship. The best way to improve candidacy is to submit all required materials as soon as possible.
- This scholarship is renewable and you can receive up to a total of eight (8) semesters.
- You must enroll full-time each Fall & Spring semester (12+ credit hours).
- Your academic performance is reviewed at the end of each spring semester. You need 30 overall passed hours at the end of your first year; 60 overall passed at the end of your second and so on. PLEASE NOTE - ANY/ALL college credit earned while you were in high school Will Be considered in this review (i.e. dual enrollment or AP credits).
- Additionally, at the end of each spring, your overall cumulative GPA must be at least a 2.750 to renew your Chattanooga YES.
- If, during a Fall or Spring semester, you totally withdraw or do not attend, you forfeit the scholarship for all future semesters.
- Accepting your award does not represent a binding commitment to attend UTC.
There is not a regain option for students who do not meet the renewal criteria.